Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For stucka; LSSAH photo

Article about: As promissed a post of the photograph that was found in Antwerp about 15 years ago with a house clearance. I've had it for years, but know nothing about the soldier, just liked the picture.

appie
    ?

Default For stucka; LSSAH photo

As promissed a post of the photograph that was found in Antwerp about 15 years ago with a house clearance. I've had it for years, but know nothing about the soldier, just liked the picture. The family had no interest in the miltary gear that was found there,a lot of it was bought by the dump shop on the big market square in Antwerp. It was all SS stuff, the only item I got out of it was this photograph. Always wonderd what the story behind the lad was, but we will never know now for all the stuff has split up into private collections.
    Pitty there is to much "white" above the picture, taken a bit to high, so only a bit of the cufftitle is visible, but it is LSSAH by the look of his shoulder boards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture For stucka; LSSAH photo   For stucka; LSSAH photo  

For stucka; LSSAH photo  

2. # ADS

Default Re: For stucka; LSSAH photo

Hey Appie;
    thanks for posting!
    I do know the guy's of the store you mentioned.
    But I was not in the militaria a that momment and did not know about thise story.
    It is defenetly not the guy I came across in the house I was asked to clear.Must have been the same periode.
    That gear ended in Brussels on the flea market where one of the guy's of the dump shop in Antwerp got a few items.

appie
    ?

Could be stucka that it ended up there. I know for sure that I was offered an original Tarnewende jacket for the price of 100 euro's out that house. The strange thing was that it had a very small label in the neck, with a very faint SS stamp in a shield. I had never seen this before, and said I would think about it. When I came back with the money it had gone; a collector offered 800 euro for each jacket, and bought the lot! He could of have them much cheaper, but he offered the 800 without asking the price. I got a buckle out of it, this photograph and some other small bits and pieces.
    By the way, the guy with the shop in Antwerp is also a straight forward guy, friendly and trustable, I bought alot of stuff of him throu the years, but now his prices have gone sky high.

Ahhh...... just to hear you guys talking about these shops makes a poor Australian guy very jealous

appie
    ?

Could be Ausralian Guy, but you've got Fosters and loads of kangeroo's!

Kangaroo's, worlds most useless animal, they breed like rabbits and jump in front of your car every chance they get......that's why I have a bull bar on the front of the 4wd.

Tell you what, who wants a kangaroo skin for TR gear????

appie
    ?

Haha, you're right; I would choose the TR stuff. By the way, are the eatable those kangeroo's? Where I live here in the South of France the locals eat everything that moves, except for badgers (they seem to taste horrible). But besides the badgers nothing is safe over here, even snails, frogs, snakes and of course wild boar. They killed all the linx and bears, so now it the wild boar that being hunted day and night.

Hi Appie,

Yep they are fine to eat, but the meat is a little strong in taste. You can buy it at nearly all of the supermarkets here, but I don't think a lot of it sells. It is used a lot for pet meat. I went out shooting with a professional roo shooter once, and it put me off shooting them for life. It is like shooting cows, too easy and just like slaughter.

I had one for a pet when I was little, they are not too bad, but can get a bit stroppy when they grow up!

Cheers,

Grant

Quote by appie View Post
    Could be stucka that it ended up there. I. .
    I was talking about the gear I came by in a house in Borgerhout.
    That was a living museum.
    The sister of the ex soldier lived in that house until she died...15 years ago.Time had stood still in that house.
    It was just as you expect an interior to be in 1944.
    By the way, the guy with the shop in Antwerp is also a straight forward guy, friendly and trustable, I bought alot of stuff of him throu the years, but now his prices have gone sky high.
    He is friendly and trustable, he saves everything he can lay his hand on for me at more than reasonable prices; even now.
    BTW he moved....must be a year now.

Quote by stuka f View Post

He is friendly and trustable, he saves everything he can lay his hand on for me at more than reasonable prices; even now.
    Half your luck, stuka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast