Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tall General next to Hitler

Article about: Who is the tall General next to Hitler? It appears they are on a large ship. I have another foto of him next to Hitler, at a major event - on land. I think that is Admiral Raeder next to him

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Tall General next to Hitler

Who is the tall General next to Hitler? It appears they are on a large ship. I have another foto of him next to Hitler, at a major event - on land. I think that is Admiral Raeder next to him - what do you think? GFM Busch was a big guy. Is that Busch? Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tall General next to Hitler  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Tall General next to Hitler

von Blomberg, the war minister, that is, until he married a woman of ill repute and got himself sacked in 1938.... There is an excellent bio of him now in German, which is very interesting. His taste in women violated the norms of his caste, actually.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    von Blomberg, the war minister, that is, until he married a woman of ill repute and got himself sacked in 1938.... There is an excellent bio of him now in German, which is very interesting. His taste in women violated the norms of his caste, actually.
    I have learned over the years do not criticize a man for his choice in women unless you have actually slept with that woman! Thanks for the info. Do you think that is Raeder next to Von Blomberg?

?

This is an old thread but I though I would note that Von Blomberg isint wearing a chinstrap on his cap with the early pattern wreath insignia. Could be a Alter Art Feldmutze but then this is the first general alter art feldmutze I have seen in a period photo.

Great photo.

Cheers, Pat

*Edit* I did some more research and it seems these General feldmutzes are not as uncommon as I thought.
    Last edited by M18922; 03-30-2013 at 03:33 PM.