MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?

Article about: I just got this Hoffmann post card. It is different than all the others I have ever seen. For one thing, the others state the RKT'S name on the front, with their image. and it has a small nu

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?

I just got this Hoffmann post card. It is different than all the others I have ever seen. For one thing, the others state the RKT'S name on the front, with their image. and it has a small number (USUALLY) in the upper left, but once in a while, in the lower left. This one has NO number, and it states the RKT's name on the reverse. I have several of these, actually, and was wondering if they are legit. It seems to me that if they were repros they would make them the same as the others. This leads me to believe this was a new type of card. Perhaps late-war? ANY EXPERTS ON HOFFMANN OUT THERE?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?   Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?  

2. # ADS

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?

hERE'S ANOTHER BIT OF INFO: The cards are not made in Munich (where most were made), they are made in Strassburg. Does that ring any bells?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?  

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Here's another 2 "Strassburg" Hoffmann post cards. They are the EXACT same pose as the "Munich" post cards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?   Is there an expert on Hoffmann post cards here?  

pjm
    ?

Hoffmann Publishing had a branch in Strassburg and these look legit. I've seen other Hoffmann Strassburg postcards with typical motifs - famous buildings, etc.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by pjm View Post
    Hoffmann Publishing had a branch in Strassburg and these look legit. I've seen other Hoffmann Strassburg postcards with typical motifs - famous buildings, etc.
    Thanks for the info! I thought they looked too good to be repros. I can't understand why I never ran across them before? The answer must be that they are much rarer than Munich-made post cards. I got them right from Deutschland, but that means NOTHING. I've gotten a lot of crap from there in recent years!