Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

which town ?

Article about: Hello ! Anyone of you have a clue, where the pic´s of this building could have been shot ? Obviously a Hospital was located there ... Thx. in advance, R.

Default which town ?

Hello !

Anyone of you have a clue, where the pic´s of this building could have been shot ?

Obviously a Hospital was located there ...

Thx. in advance,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture which town ?   which town ?  

which town ?   which town ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement which town ?
    P
    Many

Maybe you can help me?
    I would be happy.

Thanks in advance,
    Ro.

Hi there.

This could be very hard to find.

I did have a look and found Gołuchów Castle in Poland which has similar Renaissance architecture. So maybe the photo was taken at a similar castle in eastern Europe that was being used as a hospital or convalescence home?

which town ?

Gołuchow Castle - Wikipedia

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 02-07-2024 at 10:54 AM.

?

The software suggested it was Schloss Cumberland, and despite some exterior work I am certain that is where these photographs were taken. It is located on a hill northeast of Gmunden in Austria. It was used as a Kriegslazarett from 1940 to 1945.
    The first three were taken near the front entrance and you will notice the similarities in the images below. The columns on the veranda share the same unique design. Some of the roof finials are gone but the tallest section of roof still has the distinct gated type at the top. The dormers are the same and sit in the same positions. The exterior skirting is different, and it appears there was the addition with bay windows added later.

which town ?

which town ?

which town ?

Schloss Cumberland – Wikipedia

Great work Ben!

Kind regards,

Will.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hello !

Anyone of you have a clue, where the pic´s of this building could have been shot ?

Obviously a Hospital was located there ...

Thx. in advance,

R.
    Schloss Cumberland, good ID Witt!

which town ?

which town ?

Thank you for the quick, very reliable answer to my question !

One of the soldiers is my ex-wife's grandfather, a member of the "Verfügungstruppe", (later the "Verfügungsdivision"), then the SS Division "Deutschland", then renamed the SS Division "Reich".

These pictures come from the very extensive estate (photo album, many individual photos, certificates and documents, some awards, ...).

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Thank you for the quick, very reliable answer to my question !

One of the soldiers is my ex-wife's grandfather, a member of the "Verfügungstruppe", (later the "Verfügungsdivision"), then the SS Division "Deutschland", then renamed the SS Division "Reich".

These pictures come from the very extensive estate (photo album, many individual photos, certificates and documents, some awards, ...).
    We are always up for a photo challenge Reibert, this sounds like an interesting group you have inherited. I hope you are able to post more photos from this group. Thank you.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    We are always up for a photo challenge Reibert, this sounds like an interesting group you have inherited. I hope you are able to post more photos from this group. Thank you.
    For example:
    Document of an Waffen-SS Waterfinder

SS-captured Brit. Morris Truck

Quote by Witt View Post
    The software suggested it was Schloss Cumberland, and despite some exterior work I am certain that is where these photographs were taken. It is located on a hill northeast of Gmunden in Austria. It was used as a Kriegslazarett from 1940 to 1945.
    The first three were taken near the front entrance and you will notice the similarities in the images below. The columns on the veranda share the same unique design. Some of the roof finials are gone but the tallest section of roof still has the distinct gated type at the top. The dormers are the same and sit in the same positions. The exterior skirting is different, and it appears there was the addition with bay windows added later.

which town ?

which town ?

which town ?

Schloss Cumberland – Wikipedia
    Which software do you mind me asking ? Was this google images search or some kind of AI search ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast