Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...

Article about: This is a first for my eyes...Can anyone identify? cheers, Glenn

Default Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...

This is a first for my eyes...Can anyone identify?
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...
    P
    Many

SA-FHH "Feldherrnhalle".
    Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...

Thank you for your help! For those who aren't aware yet, that would be the SA Feldherrnhalle...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 02-14-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Not a problem Glenn, I'm always willing to help out a member such as yourself when I'm able.Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...Unknown German Gorget & Uniform in wear...

Nice photo in post 1 bigmacglenn1966!
    Actually the "W" stands for Wachstandarte, which in September 1936 became the SA-Wachstandarte "Feldherrnhalle".
    Why Munich? If it is not written at the back, it could have been one from the 6 existing Sturmbanne!

Thanks for your help, Wilhelm...not an area I've explored in depth yet!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Nice photo in post 1 bigmacglenn1966!
    Actually the "W" stands for Wachstandarte, which in September 1936 became the SA-Wachstandarte "Feldherrnhalle".
    Why Munich? If it is not written at the back, it could have been one from the 6 existing Sturmbanne!
    Or seven, I think, if you include the Battalion(Sturmbann) formed in Vienna, Austria which was created after the annexation of Austria in 1938.
    An interesting side note, if you enlarge the photograph discovered in a album I submitted in post four you'll see a glimpse into the transformation of the SA-Regiment "Feldherrnhalle"....which certainly had their share. During Herman Göring's birthday in 1937, SA Chief of Staff, successor Viktor Lutze, made Göring the honorary Commander of the Feldherrnhalle, which, subsequently, resulted in...for whatever reason...Göring taking and transferring control of said Regiment to the Luftwaffe. This is depicted in the album by the Feldherrnhalle member in his later years wearing a Luftwaffe breast eagle along side his Feldherrnhalle insignia, and finally, just a Luftwaffe uniform.
    **Please note in the earliest of the images(roughly c.a 1934/35' to 1937/38'?) there's no Luftwaffe insignia shown.

Hello youthcollector: I know seven, but not at the moment for the photograph and that is what I meant.
    The "W" was used until late 1936 or early 1937 ( I do not remember out of heart).

Gorget Identification Gallery
    This is a good link for Gorget identification

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Hello youthcollector: I know seven, but not at the moment for the photograph and that is what I meant.
    The "W" was used until late 1936 or early 1937 ( I do not remember out of heart).
    Indeed, that's why I put "I think" as I wasn't sure of the dates. Thank you for your addition, you're always a wealth of knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast