Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic

Article about: I cane across this ALLGEMEINE SS-VT / SD EARTH GREY tunics being worn. I really like how the NCO in the back seat has the black/silver tresse cord, and the nco silver flat tresse also. How h

Default Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic

I cane across this ALLGEMEINE SS-VT / SD EARTH GREY tunics being worn.

I really like how the NCO in the back seat has the black/silver tresse cord, and the nco silver flat tresse also.

How hes wearing what it looks like are Waffen SS shoulder boards, and the SS man in front of him is wearing doulble Allgemeine SS NCO shoulder boards.

Plus his SD diamond has silver tresse , not the black-white tresse.

Whats really crazy is , i came across a tunic like this a while back, and i thought it was fake due to use of both NCO tresse.

I thought i would share this with everyone.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic

This is a Bundesarchiv photo which is posted on Wikipedia. Here it is with the caption which you have omitted.
    W.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic  

?

Please credit photos which do not belong to you.
    Thanks.
    W.
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual Allgemeine SS-VT / SD Earth Grey tunics pic 

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    How hes wearing what it looks like are Waffen SS shoulder boards, and the SS man in front of him is wearing doulble Allgemeine SS NCO shoulder boards.

Plus his SD diamond has silver tresse , not the black-white tresse.

Whats really crazy is , i came across a tunic like this a while back, and i thought it was fake due to use of both NCO tresse.
    The simultaneous wearing of Army-style NCO Tresse and SS-style black/silver collar piping was regulation after the Tresse had been introduced ca. 1938 and before the collar piping was discontinued for field-grey uniforms in August 1940; it can be seen in other photographs of SD and SSVT personnel as well. (Although the collar piping was often omitted even before being officially discontinued.)

The photograph was taken in 1939 and thus falls right into this period. At that time, the SD, following the SSVT, had also taken to wearing Army-style rank insignia (including sleeve chevrons for other ranks and Tresse for NCOs) on the grey uniform; this was discontinued in favor of Police-style rank in 1942, eliminating the Tresse and rank chevrons for the SD/Sipo again.

The mix of Army-style and A-SS-style shoulder boards in one group is also not untypical of the SD at this stage, although it is theoretically possible that the driver is an A-SS-member temporarily attached as a driver to these men.

Black-and-silver piping to an SD diamond is not known from any regulations and never seen in photographs, although I remember that a while back an SD diamond with such piping had been discussed on another forum and was believed to be authentic.

No, i found the photo , when i did a AOL search on SS-VT EARTH GREY tunics, I wished i had found that site, then i would have known what the tunics, i posted I came across the pic, and thats the way it was when i found it, I never said it was mine.

All i was asking what was up with the double NCO tresse, as i saw a uniform like that awhile back for sale.

If i had found that web site, then there would have been no need on my part to post the pic, asking for information on it.

And, i did not omit nothing, thats the way i found it, if i had a good pic with the date on it like you showed me, that would have been a big help for me also.

Could you please give me the Wikipedia link, so that i could read what they are saying about these tunics.

Brian

Quote by Woske View Post
    Please credit photos which do not belong to you.
    Thanks.
    W.
    I would have gave credit, if thats where i found it, If i had found it on Wikipedia, then i would never have posted the pic, as im sure Wikipedia would have answered my questions for me.

Seems like you have the link, would you PLEASE give it to me, i really want to read what they are saying about this photo.

Thank you
    Brian

He's just being rude which is uncalled for really. Here is the description on the photo... I dont have the link to Wikipedia im afraid:

SS and SD members in the 1934 Dienstrock
    SS-Dienstrock SS-Service Tunic1934 Black /earth grey/Field grey
    In 1934 the tunic was modified with the elimination of the lower side patch pockets that were introduced on the 1932 tunic ,they were replaced with slash pockets pockets with slanting flaps. This change was brought about to improve the appearance of the uniform and to help eliminate the area where the pockets could snag on objects when in the field. With the exception of the pocket change the 1934 was the same as the 1932 also the trousers and breaches were again the same as found on the the 1932
    It was with this pattern the colour changed to in spring of june 1935 field grey was introduced for testing ,and was accepted as the colour of the field grey was accepted as the colour of the field uniform for the LAH on the 5th June 1935 and there for replacing the earthgrey uniform .This change was to make the uniform of the LAH to conform more with the army uniform in style and colour it was here that the first pattern sleeve eagle was worn on the upper left sleeve

SS Breeches (SS Breecheshose ) these were at first in black only. But in violation of SS Headquarters these were manufactured privately at first in Earth Grey in addition to the two colours a third became available to mach the shade used by the Heer and that was Steingrau .

SS Stiefelhose (SS-Boot trousers ) thses were cut for wear with the normal high boot they came in Black and Earth grey only

SS-Hose ,Lang (SS trouser long ) these were the same cut as the Heer 1935 but as this uniform was introduced to the SS in 1937 tye are know as the M37 ,these were made in the new grey colour untill 1939 when they started making them in field grey to match the tunicImage
    The 1937 SS FeldBlouse SS-FieldBlouse
    In 1937 a new field blouse was introduced for wear by the SSit was to replace the earlier earth-grey version that had been used until then . This new blouse did away with the turned up cuffs of the former patterns .Insignia worn on the blouse was the standard SS collar patches with the First patten SS national emblem but stortly after this was replaced by the second pattern and this pattern was to remain the same till the end of the war.
    When the 1937 blouse was introduced cufftitles were not worn on the lower left sleeve ,but as time went on this was phased into ues on the field uniform by the start of the war cuff titles were in general use on this field blouse
    The field blouse was worn long grey trousers that were identicalto the 1935 army version. Initially the trousers were manufactured in the new greycolour but this was changed by 1939 to the same colour of cloth as the blouse .
    Dur to the rapid increase in the size of the SS at the same time as the tunic was introduced at the same time as the tunic was introduced army stocks were issued the army version retained the darkgreen collar and had patch pockets as found on the first version of the old SS Tunic The SS type had the collar the same colour as the tunic and and the lower pockets were the slanted type (slash type) with matte silver buttons
    Unlike the SS version the army pattern tunic was not ment to be worn with the tunic open at the collar
    Shoulder straps were worn on on both patterns of tunic and being in the same style as with the army ie identified the rank of the wearer rather than the rank group . At first both patterns were made with the collar piping used by the SS to identify the wearers rank group eg black and aluminum but this was discontinued in the August 1940
    Some older earth grey uniforms continued to be worn as late as 1941 when an order was given that these were to be handed in and used for civilian workers in various work camps

WOW, thank you, much appreciated.

Thats all i was asking for, when i posted the pic, and he was acting like i claimed it to be my pic, like i was trying to sell it, or something, all i did was ask a question about the uniforms being worn in the pic, and the DOUBLE NCO TRESSE on the one in the back seat, and the OFFICER tresse on the SD diamond, on an NCO uniform.

Thank you for the information.
    Brian

Hi Brian, take a look here for the link:

German photo archives now online

Cheers, Ade.

OOH, WOW, THANK YOU ADRIAN, GREAT SITE, TONS OF PICS, AND INFORMATION.

I thank you very much.
    Brian

By the way, how do you like the shoulder boards i sent you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast