Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verify this image?

Article about: I am fairly certain this is a modern re-enactment photo. I think I have seen it before. Cheers, Ade.

Default Verify this image?

Hello again, fellows!

I found this image during my browsing travels, and thought some of you might know more about it.

A gentleman I know who has a fair bit of knowledge suggested that the image was likely from the eastern front because of the area and because of the presence of the scarf (Blackflies were a huge problem).

After looking for a while, however, he suggested that he was sure the photograph was of a re-enactor.

I asked him for his reasoning and he suggested I take a look at his hands. They look clean. He said that in most photographs you will note that the men's hands are dirty (very unsurprising), but very very few are clean.

I think that his right hand only looks clean because of the sun, his left hand supporting the K98 looks grimy.

Here is the photo:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verify this image?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verify this image?

I don't know of any camera with that good of a resolution to capture an ejected shell in mid air in that much detail. I'm not a 100% though. Eric

I shoot 35MM film from a camera and the image from a single cell can be blown up MUCH much bigger given the right equipment.

Shutter speed would affect the camera's ability to capture the shell. If the photographer weren't using a tripod, they would need to use a speed of at least 1/125th of a second to eliminate blurring. at 1/60th of a second, your heartbeat can blur your photographs. It's reasonable to conclude that capturing an ejected cartridge could be done if the camera had the ability to use that speed or higher. I don't know the range of 30's-40's camera technology, though.

?

Color film technology has changed since the 1940s and this photograph shows a WW II re-enactor.

it looks like he has a dip in

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I don't know of any camera with that good of a resolution to capture an ejected shell in mid air in that much detail. I'm not a 100% though. Eric
    I say this as a 1940s camera in the battle field in mind ERIC

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    I have seen alot of oral tobacco users in pics hitler did not like smoking. ERIC

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    Google image searched that because I had no idea what it was :P

Quote by LRDG View Post
    Color film technology has changed since the 1940s and this photograph shows a WW II re-enactor.
    In what way has it changed?

?

The rifle looks like a Czech VZ24 not a K98K.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    The rifle looks like a Czech VZ24 not a K98K.
    cross referenced that - You are 100% correct!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast