Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen-SS awards ceremony

Article about: I bought this photo few days ago, because represent both my 2 passions: Eisernes Kreuz & Waffen SS photo. It's a cerimony of EKII + KVK 2nd class with swords, the first soldier with helm

?

Default Waffen-SS awards ceremony

I bought this photo few days ago, because represent both my 2 passions: Eisernes Kreuz & Waffen SS photo.

It's a cerimony of EKII + KVK 2nd class with swords, the first soldier with helmet on the left shown a SS decal on other side then the SSon close-up, volunteer ??

Saw and bought....... was part of a little lot belonging to a single soldier sadly dismembered in order to sell the photos individually

hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS awards ceremony   Waffen-SS awards ceremony  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS awards ceremony
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen-SS awards ceremony

Very nice, I love the pics that dont show the war themes, this is a pic that shows the real soldiers at their best, being awarded medals, and being decorated.

Brian

i cant help but wonder where all those beautiful helmets are now : )

?

The decal on the left doesn't necessary mean a foreign volunteer although this is often the case i have seen contemporary photos showing LAH units at Kharkov wearing helmets with the runic decal on the left.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

That is a great photo Massimo

Nice to see the ceromonies that spawned our collections !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I never get tired of seeing this great photo. It also shows how the EK and KVK maker marked packets and awards can get mixed up.
    You can see on the tray that there are no packets, all the awards have been removed and ribboned up ready for bestowal.
    Somewhere there is a big pile of empty packets, maybe with their award documents (?). I would guess that after the ceremony, any soldier who wanted a packet would get or ask for one. I think I would be fairly safe in assuming that they didn't look to see if their award was marked and therefore try and choose a packet to match but simply just get a packet. If there were several makers of crosses in that pile, cross matching would occur.
    There might well be more correctly matched sets now in collectors hands then there was back then!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Great photo,and it's amazing how much information can be gleened from it. Thanks for the added tidbits of info Paul and Adrian. Gotta love it!

Jay

?

Great pic Massimo!
    Regards

Matt

[QUOTE=blackheart0866;147568] ... this is a pic that shows the real soldiers at their best, being awarded medals, and being decorated. ...[ /QUOTE]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS awards ceremony