Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wartime signed postcards

Article about: Hello everyone! I am new to the forum but I have been collecting german militaria for quite a while. However, I am not an expert on wartime signed postcards and would like to hear some comme

?

Default Wartime signed postcards

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum but I have been collecting german militaria for quite a while. However, I am not an expert on wartime signed postcards and would like to hear some comments on these ones, which come from a private collection.

I thank everyone in advance for your help, Elia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime signed postcards   Wartime signed postcards  

Wartime signed postcards   Wartime signed postcards  

Wartime signed postcards   Wartime signed postcards  

Wartime signed postcards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wartime signed postcards
    P
    Many

How is it possible to tell that these are wartime signed rather than the signatures being added postwar by a well practiced faker? There doesn't seem to be any substantiating details to help determine when the signatures were added.

?

Yes, this is my same doubt... for instance I have seen many of Oesau's signed Pc around, all of wich are very expensive. These are all supposed to come from a HJ collection, and the ones of Philipp and Muncheberg are written on the retro. But I don t have any other reliable clue to determine wheter they are original or not.

?

Collecting of signed photos / cards was very common by young Germans / Hitler Youth etc but it is difficult to assess if they the signatures are original to the card without them being in hand or going through known examples to compare them with. As they were all KIA i would suggest that is the only way to move forward !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings