Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

When did the high quality "high-gloss" photo paper come into use in Germany for instance?

Article about: Hi guys, I am wondering when the "high-gloss" photographic paper of better overall image quality than the "matte" type was introduced. I have a rather unfocused photo of

KSH
    ?

Default When did the high quality "high-gloss" photo paper come into use in Germany for instance?

Hi guys,

I am wondering when the "high-gloss" photographic paper of better overall image quality than the "matte" type was introduced. I have a rather unfocused photo of Hitler dated 1935 on such glossy paper and many of the photos in the Reichspost/Postschutz/SS-photo album of mine are also on this kind of paper. I just became curious if anyone knew when this kind of photo paper came into use.

In my opinion the overall image quality is much better on the high-gloss paper than on the matte paper.

Here an example of high-gloss photo quality (my lousy photo of the photo can not capture the image quality properly):

When did the high quality "high-gloss" photo paper come into use in Germany for instance?

The Hitler photo on same type of paper:

When did the high quality "high-gloss" photo paper come into use in Germany for instance?When did the high quality "high-gloss" photo paper come into use in Germany for instance?

And a photo on lower quality matte paper (showing Hitler and Baldur von Schirach in the early days of the Third Reich):

All input into this question of mine will be most welcome and appreciated!

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement When did the high quality "high-gloss" photo paper come into use in Germany for instance?
    P
    Many