Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Who is this guy?

Article about: My Uncle was in the Hitler Youth and liked to collect pictures of prominent German military men. I cannot read the name of the gentlemen on the attached pic and would like to know more about

?

Default Who is this guy?

My Uncle was in the Hitler Youth and liked to collect pictures of prominent German military men. I cannot read the name of the gentlemen on the attached pic and would like to know more about him. Can anyone ID him?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is this guy?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Who is this guy?

I am not quite sure who he is, but I can tell you that he is a Hauptmann(Captain) in the Luftwaffe artillery.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

on the photo i only can read hans joachim ........müller (as i think it is waldemüller or waldmüller) and on the envelope is a name waldemar feix
    but in the kross lists i can not find someone who is calld hans joachim ........müller and is lufftwaffe hauptmann i only can find an ss man whit this name hans joachim waldmüller

?

The last name looks like Marseille,he was a Luftwaffe ace,killed in the desert war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is this guy?   Who is this guy?  

Last edited by zwerge; 01-02-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Mr. Zwerge,

This must be the man. "Charlotte Reuter Marseille" was written on the back of the envelope. Thanks.

Very nice indeed!

You can read much about him here:

Hans-Joachim Marseille - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers, Ade.

?

Nice photo of one of the Luftwaffe Aces , have you anymore of your uncles photos ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Nice photo of one of the Luftwaffe Aces , have you anymore of your uncles photos ?
    I have autographed photos of Walter Oesau, Hermann Graf, and Carl Gustav Mannerheim (see my other post of Mannerheim). My Uncle plans to give me more when I visit him in Germany. Thanks.