Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Who is the Photographer?

Article about: I'm sure most of you have seen this picture before. I believe, it is recognized as a very famous photo. Off of Wikipedia it referenced the National Archives in Washington, DC. I contacted th

Bizzaam
    ?

Default Who is the Photographer?

I'm sure most of you have seen this picture before. I believe, it is recognized as a very famous photo. Off of Wikipedia it referenced the National Archives in Washington, DC. I contacted the National Archives. They were no help and said that the photo was turned over to the German Bundesarchiv. I searched the online Bundesarchiv and never found it under any of the pictures they had listed. I spent hours scrolling through pictures.

Anyway, I'm curious as to the name of the photographer and any information about him. Since I haven't found out any information on other forums, I was wondering if he could have been an SD photographer. I'm interested in seeing any other pictures by this photographer too. Also, if someone has a nice colorized version of it, I'd like to see it. Thanks for your help.

In case the picture doesn't show here is a link.
    File:Ger Inf Russia 1941 HDSN9902655.JPEG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is the Photographer?  

2. # ADS