Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

WWII photobook of my grandfather served in Rgt. 616 WH 16

Article about: Fantastic photo's Martin, thanks for sharing them with us. Jay

?

Default Re: WWII photobook of my grandfather served in Rgt. 616 WH 16

Amazing photos Martin! As everyone else said....he definitely was traveling ALOT! #77 I believe, of the Jewish people outside the resteraunt is a very symbolic photo of how the Jews were mistreated. The sign in the background on the restraunt looks like a "No Juden Allowed" type deal. Which is actually a rare photo to possess. I have been collecting photos for a while and have found any photos dealing with the slander of the Jewish people are highly collectible and high priced/rare. I really enjoyed your Grandfather's whole entire album and appreciate you sharing it.....looks like everyone else loved it too. Many thanks

It is hard to believe that people sell these types of things....I have seen them for sale before. Things like this should NEVER leave a family and truly are priceless in my opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII photobook of my grandfather served in Rgt. 616 WH 16
    P
    Many

as promised, here are some other WWII photos of the brother of my grandmother: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...dmother-24252/

Cheers, Martin
    Last edited by Iceberg; 09-03-2010 at 07:27 PM.

and as promised too, some photos of the younger brother of my grandfather, a pilot, kia in WWI: WWI photos of the younger brother of my grandfather

Cheers, Martin

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    ... It is hard to believe that people sell these types of things....I have seen them for sale before. Things like this should NEVER leave a family and truly are priceless in my opinion.
    Thanks for your opinion Panzer1031. I have the same opinion as you. I would never ever sell these photos, because they are the history of my familiy. They are simply priceless, like you said. They mean too much for me.

Cheers, Martin

Thanks for sharing these...

Last week I talked to my father about my grandfather and what he told him about the war and what had happend during war.

My Grandfather told my father three stories he remembers at the moment.

First story is about pictures 1 to 15 in this thread. My father told me that one of the soldier on these pictures is having a "marriage-over-distance" when the pictures were taken. My father told me that the soldier did marry his wife just before he was going to the frontlines although his wife was at home far away.

What do you think about this. Is this possible ?

The second story is, that on one evening my grandfather cooked for some high ranking soldiers and the meal was such good the soldier with the highest rank wanted to award a medal to my grandfather but my grandfather rejected the medal with the words "This medal has to go to the soldiers on the frontlines, not to a simple cook like me"

What do you think about this one ? Which medal could that be ?

The third story is about, when I asked what happened to the uniform, helmet, gun and everthing else my grandfather got at war. My father told me that my grandfather traded all these things with people to get civil clothings and to return home with these savely.

Another thing that I found is that I have a real big wooden suitcase in which I store all my playmobil which I have since I was a kid. This wooden suitcase i about 70 years old !! My grandfather sended this from france to germany during war with lots of goods in it for the rest of the family at home.

Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for the update. Maybe the medal could have been a Kriegsverdeinst Kreuz 2nd klasse?

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade

That might be possible, but I think this can't be traced back, as he rejected the medal. Would this act be recorded somewhere so that Wast can find out and clarify about?

I try to find out as much as possible and would like to buy all medals my grandfather earned to give him a place in my livingroom where I can remember him every day.

Martin

I doubt that it would be been recorded as it was like you say, rejected.

Nice to remember him like this.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice photos you have shown us. Remember him throw your Photos, Pieces of Shiny metal not Directly linked to your Relation are Pointless IMO..........Completed requests to Wast Ive seen before. some times don't Yield that much in depth information. Hopefully in your case this will be Different.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast