Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten

Article about: Actually these boxes are not a trench art but made as a present boxes (I have heared they were for tobacco) to the fighters of SS Geb. Div Nord for Christmas 1943. The origin is not quite su

Default 2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten

Actually these boxes are not a trench art but made as a present boxes (I have heared they were for tobacco) to the fighters of SS Geb. Div Nord for Christmas 1943. The origin is not quite sure but as these boxes are made of the Karelian birch they are probably produced in Finland. There are at least 2 different sizes. I know some forum members have similar boxes in their collection, feel free to post pictures!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten   2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten

Interesting, I have not heard of these things before!

?

Default Re: 2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten

very nice

pegase

hi frundsberg ,

i got 2 wooden boxes with different brandings similar like yours .....there are different size variations ....

the originality is SAFE , i ve got a picture with one in the background from another forum...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldi...ch-art-132980/

post no. 10

regards t.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten   2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten  

2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten   2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten  

Do You know where these boxes used for tobacco?

?

Waw, never saw it before! I really want such a box like that!!!

K.

i think this was a christmas gift sponsored by the nord div. for members of the nord . they were filled with tobacco or cigarettes.

the boxes are handcrafted , and in my opinion they were made by seveval local dealers in karelia .

the seizes are different because of the birchwood ..

i had at least 3 boxes , and i saw 4 others in internet or collector friends...

regards t.

I got 2 more with a very nice machbox. All are made of the Karelian Birch. Here is my little collection, does anybody know how many different versions were made?

2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten   2 little wooden boxes - SS GEB. DIV. Nord - Karelien 1943 Weichnachten  

Fascinating little items !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Really kool!! I have a Box like this,was going to flog it on ebay for a tenner as I believed it to be a fantasy item!!! Anyone knows the value of these?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast