Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

30x184 Mk103 Cigarette lighters

Article about: Bought this pair of lighters today mainly because I didn't recognise the cases, but with a 43 headstamp and a waffenampt thought they must be unusual. The headstamps are (30 ash waffenampt 4

Default 30x184 Mk103 Cigarette lighters

Bought this pair of lighters today mainly because I didn't recognise the cases, but with a 43 headstamp and a waffenampt thought they must be unusual. The headstamps are (30 ash waffenampt 43) I have found out the cases are 30x184B and have been nicely converted into lighters. They appear to have been satin chromed, with the original primer replaced by a knurled filler screw in the base and a wick holder and flint sparker soldered into the top with a cap of chromed brass. I couldn't find out who the maker (ash) was and also wondered if they were converted during the war by the Luftwaffe or post war for the BAOR. Any body any thoughts or ideas? Cheers Hangarman
    30x184 Mk103 Cigarette lighters

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 30x184 Mk103 Cigarette lighters
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 30x184 Mk103 Cigarette lighters

Nice lighters, my list shows ash is ..August Enders AG Oberrahmede Westfalia...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks for the info Zwerge. Don't know whether to keep them as they are or take them back to their original state. I guess I would struggle to find a couple of original projectiles for them.
    Cheers
    Hangarman

I say keep them as they are. Someone put in the effort to convert them into lighters and it is part of their story. It would be a shame to ruin that. Just my opinion. Cheers.

Hi Spitace41,
    Thanks for your thoughts, I think I will keep them as they are, just wish I Did know their story!
    Cheers
    Hangarman