Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

aluminum stuka

Article about: just picked this up at a local shop . was told it was made from a downed plane, the son a the vet found it his dad's foot locker. its made from aluminum and has Sicily and what looks like 19

?

Default aluminum stuka

aluminum stuka
    just picked this up at a local shop . was told it was made from a downed plane, the son a the vet found it his dad's foot locker. its made from aluminum and has Sicily and what looks like 1944. any thoughts on who would have made this? the vet or a POW

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement aluminum stuka
    P
    Many

A few more photos in better lighting might be helpful.

I have an absolutely identical one with the same markings which I picked up for £10 at an airshow years ago. Looks like an enterprising local in Sicily had a little 'production line' going in war souvenirs.......

Arrow

Took me a while to find it but here it is......mine's a little battle-damaged with a prop blade missing, but interesting nonetheless.

aluminum stuka

aluminum stuka

aluminum stuka

It'd be interesting to know more about the origin of these.

I am sure Martin is correct on the origin of these. The Italians were known for making of souvenir items to sell to Allied troops.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

havent such planes been made for be mounted on prices and memorials for luftwaffe soldiers? I believe i have seen such some time ago on a dealer site

Possibly in some cases but the Axis had been kicked out of Sicily in August 1943........

very nice allthough a little more modern ,here is one i picked up in cyprus about 15 years ago and would like to share here ,even of no value it makes for a fine display piece in my war room aluminum stuka

?

they are nice collectibles, but trench art? especially James's one, looks quite detailed. guess that's why they lost the war...

If you think its aluminium from a plane, that's real easy to check, at a metal scrapyard they have a tool which is used to define at least 75.000 aluminium alloys. it must be real easy to verify if its wartime.

I've never heard of such a tool, can you provide more detail?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast