Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?

Article about: I have no information about the rings. I was told that the one shaped like a skull may be from WWI, and the band with the skull carved into it may be from WWII. I can't provide much informat

Default Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?

I have no information about the rings. I was told that the one shaped like a skull may be from WWI, and the band with the skull carved into it may be from WWII. I can't provide much information other than they feel sort of "grimy" when you touch them, so it does feel like an old metal. The skull shaped ring sort of has a texture of an old stone, more so than a metal. The skull carved one feels very sturdy, the skull shaped ring feels relatively study. They appear hand-made trench art rings, and have no maker's marks or any other distinctions to them. I'm guessing because of the lack of symmetry, they are hand made? I know without actually feeling the ring, its hard to tell, but can anyone take a guess at these with the limited descriptions? I know they may not be German, but any information is welcome!

Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?
    P
    Many

At best, trench art...but possibly pre-aged fakes, in my estimate. I am not, however, liking the yellowish deposits...if genuine, these spots quite often indicate grave excavation... Sharper images are needed in any case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    At best, trench art...but possibly pre-aged fakes, in my estimate. I am not, however, liking the yellowish deposits...if genuine, these spots quite often indicate grave excavation... Sharper images are needed in any case.
    Well that is fascinating, yet kind of unsettling. I attached close up images of both rings. They both came from a seller who sold me several other items that I just recently posted on WR to determine their authenticity. I used the auto-adjust feature to enhance the brightness and contrast on the images, but the pictures are a good representation of the actual ring. If you would prefer the pictures without the auto-adjust, let me know and I can upload those as well. However, I feel like the auto-adjusted pictures do more justice. Obviously they are a little brighter because of the flash, but I can take a few pictures without flash so you can see the natural color. The skull-shaped ring is rather dark, almost like a really deep gray. But the carved ring looks the same.

Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?Can anyone confirm if these two rings are genuine? Perhaps more closely identify the age?