Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First piece of trench art......

Article about: Hi everyone, Found this little piece at a local pawn shop, they claim it came from WW1 or WW2, from someone selling they're inherited collection, and this being the last remaining piece, a c

Default First piece of trench art......

Hi everyone,
    Found this little piece at a local pawn shop, they claim it came from WW1 or WW2, from someone selling they're inherited collection, and this being the last remaining piece, a couple years prior, so I felt inclined, to purchase it, since I didn't own any trench art. They claimed it was from a German chaplain. However, I thought it was pretty cool, anyone see something similiar? It looks to be made of bullet fragments and belt buckles, however the bullet like pieces seem to thin a metal, seems to me to be more like ink pen pieces, so not sure about that. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First piece of trench art......   First piece of trench art......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First piece of trench art......
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Nice item , the bullets are probably full metal jacket with the lead melted out to make them lighter , the buckle plate is WWI .

Quote by CBH View Post
    Nice item , the bullets are probably full metal jacket with the lead melted out to make them lighter , the buckle plate is WWI .
    That's sounds pretty accurate, thanks makes a little more sense now.

CBH
    ?

No problem , Kristian glad I could help . Also the term trench art is a little narrow , many of these more elaborate items were made post-war to be sold to tourists visiting WWI battle fields . I consider the more primitive items to be true trench art , when you find machined parts ( like the base) I feel it's post combat . But you'll never know for sure . Still a very nice item .