Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"

Article about: Here´s an interesting item I bought today (only 20 euros). The swastika and the edelweiss surrounding it are carved out of antler and the ribbon is from the Finnish Medal of Liberty, 1st Cla

Jan
    ?

Default Gebirgsäger antler edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"

Here´s an interesting item I bought today (only 20 euros). The swastika and the Edelweiss surrounding it are carved out of antler and the ribbon is from the Finnish Medal of Liberty, 1st Class (1918). Originally it seems to have been coloured in some way (at least yellow and black can be seen with a microscope. The amount of detail is amazing. The whole thing measures only 75 mm in length. The antler part is only 30 mm in diameter!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"   Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"  

Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"   Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"  

Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"   Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"  

Attached Images Attached Images Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal" 
    Last edited by Jan; 11-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"
    P
    Many

?

Very nice work..would have taken someone a fairly long time i'd have thought to carve all that out..cant help with any info at all unfortunately,thanks for showing us!

Its a nice item, maybe POW made

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Jan
    ?

Thank You gents personally I like this small item a lot. A small sign of the Waffenbrüderschaft when times were "good". The picture below is very telling, like a bad divorce in (Muonio N Finland) 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsäger edelweiss and swastika field made antler "medal"