Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German or Soviet keeping options open!

Article about: Guys, My favourite today, I suppose it could be Soviet in manufacture perhaps by a PW for German consumption or by a erman PW for Soviet use or by either side serving soldiers for personal u

Default German or Soviet keeping options open!

Guys,

My favourite today, I suppose it could be Soviet in manufacture perhaps by a PW for German consumption or by a erman PW for Soviet use or by either side serving soldiers for personal use?

I think it is German made because I got it here?

Regardless it is very well made with what looks like two coins set seemlessly in the body of the lighter which has no doubt been milled from a piece of ordnance.

I must get it working.

It look like a chain was fitted to the wick cover and retained on the body by the small milled ball joint affair but sadly is no longer there?!

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German or Soviet keeping options open!   German or Soviet keeping options open!  

German or Soviet keeping options open!   German or Soviet keeping options open!  

German or Soviet keeping options open!  
    Attached Images Attached Images German or Soviet keeping options open! 
    Last edited by jock auld; 05-15-2010 at 11:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German or Soviet keeping options open!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German or Soviet keeping options open!

Very nice work on that,a real craftsman.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Nice and funny Feuerzeug. Looks like the owner would show the two enemy sides on it. I like the trench art!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Fantastic craftsmanship Jock. You come up with the most wonderful stuff. Very interesting piece indeed.

Jay

very nice piece. anybody's gues about who made it of course .... or when it was made?

?

according to this pictures, the german coin is a cast copy, sorry lighter was made in modern Ukraine, nothing more than a souvenir

check this

I belive both coins are originals (German 2-Reichspfenning and USSR 20 or 15 copeeks) but I also agree that it is 90% post 1945 made item.

Quote by GermanDotMilitaria View Post
    very nice piece. anybody's gues about who made it of course .... or when it was made?
    Not been here to chat for a while, but what I payed for it is no where near what you would charge if you were happy!

Jock

I checked it, can you look again and see if what I have is anything close to what is demonstarted?

As close as a Chinese helmet copy?

Happy new year!

Jock
    Last edited by jock auld; 12-31-2013 at 01:33 AM.

At the time, I bought it for what it was, a fine bit of workmanship, it was very cheep so thanks anyway, if it is postwar we will never know it could go either way but it really doesen't matter, at least to me anyway?

Regards

Jock