Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer ring

Article about: sure a cool looking ring - but again: pure fantasy made piece -- sorry, i like to tell good news much more

?

Default Re: Heer ring

sure a cool looking ring - but again: pure fantasy made piece

-- sorry, i like to tell good news much more

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer ring
    P
    Many

Hi Odal, the rings do look very similar and there is the chance that Zeller's ring is a non period piece. But to call it a fantasy piece because of the eagle design I think is incorrect. I have seen many similar eagle designs on other early TR items. That is not a fantasy eagle. As I stated before, any kind of TR era jewelry is difficult to verify. Most were individually designed and manfactured in small numbers. I would like to see the back of the 12 Euro ring for comparison.

Jay

?

"all in the eye of the beholder",,well, not always...
    I too have been collecting rings since the 70s. This pattern? , no way.
    There are plenty of period advertisements, period photos, price lists with descriptions, Vet grouping buys,etc. and this has only showed up postwar.
    It's been a long time and these rings are actaully older than WW2 itself now!..

What is good though is a set of period cufflinks of the exact pattern. They were made by the usually makers of buttons Assmann etc. and cufflinks were sometimes sold by the firms. The rings though are a totally different scale...

Just like the Dagger guys and Cloth guys know what they are looking at,, collectors of 3rd reich era jewelry also know what they are looking at. You got 3 experienced rings collectors from the USA and EU answering you here that it is a fantasy piece. It is what it is...
    If you like it thats great and I guess that's all that should matter to yourself..

A' chacun son propre mon ami.

Take care,
    Jay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2