Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Krim Ring ok?

Article about: I've been wanting to get one of these for awhile, and I like the look of this one, maybe made of silver? Does it look ok? Thanks, Eddie

?

Default Krim Ring ok?

I've been wanting to get one of these for awhile, and I like the look of this one, maybe made of silver? Does it look ok?
    Thanks,
    Eddie
    Krim Ring ok?Krim Ring ok?Krim Ring ok?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Ring ok?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Krim Ring ok?

It seems to be made of aluminium. Typical trench art ring. Looks like OK but we all know that it is almost impossible to say was this trench art ring made 70 years ago or yesterday.

I like the look of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The areas of water seem to have been 'etched' with an electric pen to appear as waves.
    Looks like silver to me - polished smooth and shiny. If there is any weight to it,
    it likely is.

I'm liking it as well, but one thing caught my eye. Is that a palm tree on the side ?
    Is Crimea tropical, or this simply artistic licence ? It may have been a souvenir
    from some other era and the front has been altered, although from here
    it does look period.

Just a thought.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the replies guys! It's true, it's hard to know if this was made 70 years ago, or 7 years ago, and unfortunately, I have begun to see fakes of these types of rings and other types of trench art recently.

?

Just for reference and comparison, here's 2 others that I've found:

Krim Ring ok?Krim Ring ok?

Krim Ring ok?Krim Ring ok?

The second ring looks like it came from the same mold as the one
    first posted - the hand engraving being slightly different,
    and less worn.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Palmtrees are OK - there are such trees in Crimea. I personally almost never pay much for a trench art. If price is around 15-20 euro nobody is interested in faking it. Making of such rings takes a lot of time.

?

Steve, good thought, I do think fakers like to go over old rings, the Crimea is very tropical however, here's some pics I found and do not own: Krim Ring ok?Krim Ring ok?

I'd love to visit some day, and not only for my historical interest!

Again, yet another of these intentionally crudely made "trench art" rings that are showing up everywhere like toadstools after a heavy rain. They All have the same style and look to them. If it were for my collection, I would Definitely pass on it. I'm really beginning to believe that there's been some sort of techinque change with the fakers to stop making the superb high quality detailed rings, as they are too easy to spot out fakes from the genuine mass produced pieces. These so-called "trench art" field rings, they can always claim that All trench art is crude. (And, besides...why does the peninsula look oddly like the profile of a Moose head??)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast