Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Skull ring, fake but what?

Article about: I found this ring from an old man.I know that it is fake, although the old man said to me that it's owner was gestapo officer...But if it wasn't so what do you believe it could be its true s

Default Skull ring, fake but what?

I found this ring from an old man.I know that it is fake, although the old man said to me that it's owner was gestapo officer...But if it wasn't so what do you believe it could be its true story?why making a ring like that (not only for selling it)? the old man i believe was not its maker.He really believed that it was gestapos ring.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Skull ring, fake but what?   Skull ring, fake but what?  

Skull ring, fake but what?   Skull ring, fake but what?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull ring, fake but what?
    P
    Many

appie
    ?

Default re: Skull ring, fake but what?

I think its just a fantasy piece, even the swastica's are the wrong way around. There are so many diffrent types and models of so called original German rings, but only a very little few are original. If this one was every ment to be an German III reich ring, then its maker didn't know to much about it IMOA.

Thats the weird think.Why selling this ring the old man?He didn't see to be a fraud.

appie
    ?

Well assuming he is not the Gestapo officer who wore it in the war he also bought it of somebody, and in fact just bought a nice story which he believed to be true. I once bought a SS ring of the family in Germany, also with a great story only to find out it was a early post-war fake, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who fell for these rings (the rune type) if you don't know to much about them.
    Like I said there do exsist some original III reich rings, but very view, and even the original ones of private purchase or one off make are now hard to prove the are of the original era.

Thats true. I dont blieve he was a gestapo officer so the pure old man believed a fake story.

The provenance is always the same: a story about a member of the family, grandfather etc. If possible, ask for additional documents as if interested in the whole issue and his destiny. Most often, there is nothing else to offer beside the story.

Default Re: Skull ring, fake but what?

it has now 2 years before.I know that it is fake.But it is the first item i have bought.it is the beginning.it has for me only a personal value