Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS trench art relics from Latvia

Article about: Hello Guys! Today I wanted to show you my small collection of SS trench art relics that were found by my friend in Latvia. I've been dealing with my friend in Latvia for many years now, and

Default SS trench art relics from Latvia

Hello Guys!

Today I wanted to show you my small collection of SS trench art relics that were found by my friend in Latvia. I've been dealing with my friend in Latvia for many years now, and he hasn't disappointed me yet. The first relic is a mess tin lid with SS Nord related art carved on to it. My friend told me he found it in a trash pit area. He also said at one point the lid was burned, and it wasn't until he washed it when he revealed the markings. It also has clear evidence of being used for target practice, most likely by soviet soldiers. Its definitely seen better days! Since it might be hard to see in the photos, ill tell you guys what I see. On the top of the lid I see NORD, along with what I believe to be a division insignia. On the side of the lid I see a set of SS runes, and next to that it reads PZ. something else appears next to the PZ marking, but I cant tell what it says. The next relic is something that's been somewhat of a myth in the collecting community. Most collectors steer clear of these, most likely because they would be very easy to reproduce. The relic I'm referring to is Latvian volunteer SS metal collar tab runes. These were hand made by Latvian SS volunteers using discarded, or trash alloy metals. This set was found near a capitulation site, and was most likely tossed aside for fear of being identified. You can see most of the attachment prongs are missing. It makes me think these were ripped off quickly. please let me know what you think about these relics. SS trench art relics from LatviaSS trench art relics from LatviaSS trench art relics from LatviaSS trench art relics from LatviaSS trench art relics from Latvia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS trench art relics from Latvia   SS trench art relics from Latvia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS trench art relics from Latvia
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice Lufty. Interesting pieces that have a story to tell!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you! yes these relics have defiantly seen a lot.

SS trench art relics from LatviaSS trench art relics from Latvia

When you look at them individually they are actually quite symmetrical. And exhibit honest wear and age. Clearly they have that been there done that look. Nice items thanks for showing them. Best regards.

Brian

Wow! Thank you for pointing that out. Ive seen other examples for sale on collector sites, but they look a little fishy.
    I highly trust my Latvian buddy, and i wouldn't have bought these from anyone else. Thanks again for showing that
    comparison!

Best regards- Jarret

SS trench art relics from LatviaSS trench art relics from Latvia

Compares well to the runes on this tab I think. Best regards.

Brian

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...r-tabs-667026/

I am not convinced on the runes, this is what I expect to see.
    Ralph.

Photo courtesy of DeMil.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ive seen those examples before. Those are the more well defined versions. My buddy that found these showed me pictures of those type when i bought this pair. The Latvians used multiple styles.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am not convinced on the runes, this is what I expect to see.
    Ralph.

Photo courtesy of DeMil.

These look to be die struck - not field made.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    These look to be die struck - not field made.
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe that those guys sat out there in the field and made their own runes for their collar tabs. (That would have to be removed to apply the runes and then re-sewn back onto their collars). And, that they all made them nice and symmetrical like the ones that started this thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast