Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stalingrad Cup

Article about: Since everyone was so "impressed" by my first posting of trench art,I decided to drag out Another one from my collection and give it up to the forum for a look-see. This particular

Default Stalingrad Cup

Since everyone was so "impressed" by my first posting of trench art,I decided to drag out Another one from my collection and give it up to the forum for a look-see. This particular cup I acquired some time ago from a digger in Russia near,where else,Stalingrad/Volgograd. It was smashed flat and Black and not even mentioned in the handful of rubbish it was piled up with,but I could see that it had Writing on it,so I took a chance and picked up the lot. When I got it,I sent it out to a professional metal restorer and had it put back into round and cleaned,polished and sealed and,as you can see,I am quite satisfied with the results. It was,of course,dug out of the proverbial bunker as is most everything you see coming from the Stalingrad area,but I Like it,nonetheless. No doubt the nay-sayers will again doubt it's authenticity,but aside from actually shoveling out something from the ground Yourself,again,as with all trench art,you have to take it for what it is and be satisfied. It,apparently began it's life as some sort of shell,as there are remnants of shell case markings on the bottom. Just what Kind of shell,it's almost impossible to say,at this point anymore. But,here it is-what do you think,guys?Attachment 190996Stalingrad Cup

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad Cup
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Stalingrad Cup

I think I can`t see the picture.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Stalingrad Cup

Try it again! (I was editing it! Sorry...lol) William