Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stalingrad JG3 Shot Glass

Article about: by Glenn66 I think the shield might be a template for painting the unit insignia on aircraft and various squadron kit. BTW the shot glass this thread is based on sold for \\$293. \\$293 - Ohhh m

Default Re: Stalingrad JG3 Shot Glass

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I think the shield might be a template for painting the unit insignia on aircraft and various squadron kit.

BTW the shot glass this thread is based on sold for $293.
    $293 - Ohhh my God!!! Price is huge, I think so...
    It is made from a Soviet 25-mm cartridge case.
    I think this Shot glass is made of shells from the Soviet anti-tank guns (14.5 mm PTR).
    Pattern on the surface are correct. I think this is a good (real) thing which is made by hand a German soldier.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad JG3 Shot Glass
    P
    Many

Definitely not caliber 14.5mm. The case diameter measures ~ 25mm. Unfortunately, there are no head stamp markings visible., and the association with the 25mm M1940 (72-K) anti-aircraft gun has not been confirmed; I am attempting to locate drawing and measurements of the HEI and AP rounds used in that gun for comparison. What other 25mm weapons were in use at that time?
    Last edited by stephen f. polyak; 11-18-2010 at 04:55 AM.

I stand by my opinion. This Shot glass is made of shells from the Soviet anti-tank guns.
    Glenn66 can Confirm that at the bottom of the Shot glass is the number 3 and 42

Here is my scheme. Can be sure that they are two different types of ammunition.

Here are photos of Shot glass, personally, I dug up this Shot glass. It is made from an anti tank munition.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...ak-2009-5-.jpg

Sorry Sebastien, as much as I liked this item I couldn't justify $293 for it so I can't confirm the numbers on the firing cap for you.
    I hope the actual buyer enjoys it as much as I would have.

Sebastien,

The "shot glass" sits before me as I type. You are so right; I stand corrected. It is not from a 25mm round. The profile you show, particularly the details of the base rim and extractor groove of the case, and the base diameter match the relic. Thank you for identifying this as from the type of round - 14.5x114 - used in Soviet WWII AT-rifles. The headstamp markings (3 and 42) are very faint, but can be seen under magnification and a bright light.

All the best,
    Steve
    Last edited by stephen f. polyak; 11-19-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2