Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

"Wolfsangel-shield" groundfind

Article about: Hi, found this item on a place, where a suppliesunit of the 3. SS PD Totenkopf stays in the last days of war in May 1945 in Austria. Regards Jürgen

?

Default "Wolfsangel-shield" groundfind

Hi, found this item on a place, where a suppliesunit of the 3. SS PD Totenkopf stays in the last days of war in May 1945 in Austria.

Regards Jürgen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Wolfsangel-shield"  groundfind   "Wolfsangel-shield"  groundfind  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Wolfsangel-shield"  groundfind
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Wolfsangel-shield" groundfind

Any comments? My opinion is that it is almost impossible to say is it pre 1945 made or not.

?

I havent got a clue whether it's a genuine unit shield or whatever, but I certainly like it as a piece of chased/decorated metalwork and would gladly have it on display at home.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

As stated above almost impossible to determine period or post 45 - If you had some provenance i.e. picture etc of the area as you noted they were at that would help but that would be a stroke of luck. Main thing is if you like it display it -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Always carry a good camera and extra batteries when searching with your detector. So when you find something like this you have it on camera, at least you have good memories of that day.

I cannot comment on if it is good or not, but it is good looking and if i had found it myself, i would have placed it in a display together with other bits and pieces from that area.