Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wolhow sticks

Article about: Here's ours small collektion of trench sticks. The tradition to do such sticks is very old. In German army it was since WWI i think. But now they well nown as a "Wolhow sticks". Wo

?

Default Wolhow sticks

Here's ours small collektion of trench sticks. The tradition to do such sticks is very old. In German army it was since WWI i think. But now they well nown as a "Wolhow sticks". Wolhow it's a big russian river (not so big as Volga of course) near the Novgorod, close to lenindrad (St.-Peterburg) Djuring 1941 -1943 there was the Wolhow front where defending the 18 and a part of 16 Germans armies (North group). There was a area totally covered of forests and bogs. The another name of Wolhow front is "Ass of the World". Soldiers who fighted on the Wolhow front call themselves "bog soldiers". it was a very strong ang hard war in horrible nature conditions. In memory of that front soldiers who was there made a wooden sticks with the name "Wolhow front" and the date when they were there. Mostly they made sticks in hospitals, that,s why sticks had the practical significance also.
    But not only in wolhow front were maded the sticks of course, we have some from the Europen front, from France and from Balkan theater of war. I told that it's only most famous as a "Wolhow stick"

1 - it's a unusual small stick like a rod or something with the name of owner and inscription "Wolhow front". With the image of german eagle, bout, building and of course SNAKE.
    I forgot to say that snake viper it.s a most common image for the east front stick especcialy for the Wolhow and Narwa sticks.
    2 - it's with thw inscription "Wolchow" and "Russland", dated 1941-1943
    3 - it's from the Balkans, wth the inscription "Balkan" and a flag of Croatia and dated 1940-45.

To be continued....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wolhow sticks   Wolhow sticks  

Wolhow sticks   Wolhow sticks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wolhow sticks
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Wolhow sticks

Hello GurovThanks for posting these Wolchow sticks,

Here are my two !!

One says Leningrad,Oranianbaum and Mga 1942-1943 on it and the other darker wood one is Reval , Narva 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wolhow sticks   Wolhow sticks  

?

More

?

Narva / Reval

?

More

?

Great! I like them, especcialy with the inscription "Narwa" and "Reval".
    Here's another two sticks

1 - with the hakencroitz, snake and an inscription "Alensdorf, Deuchland - 1940

2 - with the inscription "Wolhow - Kirischi" dated 1942-43 with the german eagle

If somebody has wolhow stiks in his own collection and want to show them..... you're welcome!

Wolhow sticks  

never heard of these before but pretty interesting

?

And again......

1 - is very interesting stick belonged to gebitrsjager soldier, on the top is the figure of soldier in all field equipment and near him- his family - wife and two kids. Dated 1945.
    2 - Is stick from the Leningrad front with the inscription Russland, Leningrad, Gatchina.
    Of course on bouth of stick is the figure of viper. I think that snake on the sticks it's a symbol of the war, may be. It's my opinion of course.

?

Heres mine has a aluminum cap on the base to keep from wearing out the wood -

Horst

Wolhow sticks  

?

What a beautifull stick. Such a good work.I never seen before the Luftwaffe stick.
    Thank you for posting, it's a very kind of you.
    Last edited by gurov; 08-24-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast