Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art?? Rare??

Article about: I just bought this cool lighter at an estate auction for around \\$30. I'm not sure if it's considered trench art, or if it was made like that from the factory. ANY info would be greatly appre

Default WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art?? Rare??

I just bought this cool lighter at an estate auction for around $30. I'm not sure if it's considered trench art, or if it was made like that from the factory. ANY info would be greatly appreciated. I have seen alot of Regens lighters just like this, but none with the Swastika. This one is also marked TCW below the REGENS name on the side. I'm pretty sure that was the mark they put on these before they started marking them AUSTRIA or Made in Austria. Thanks in advance for any and all comments!

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art??  Rare??   WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art??  Rare??  

WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art??  Rare??   WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art??  Rare??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art??  Rare??
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art?? Rare??

To me the swastika appears to be hand engraved rather than machine engraved. My guess is that someone added that to it after it left the factory.

Default Re: WWII German REGENS cigarette LIGHTER TCW Trench Art?? Rare??

Thanks for the opinion. I kind of agree, but if you look at it closely...it is very well done with sharp, straight lines. If someone did it by hand they did a great job!