Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Battle Relic MG42 and MG15

Article about: More... by: LustForRust Description: Here are two items from my collection I am wanting to sell. First is the very battle damaged MG42, this came over to this country a few years ago from th

Default Battle Relic MG42 and MG15

More...

by: LustForRust

Description: Here are two items from my collection I am wanting to sell.
    First is the very battle damaged MG42, this came over to this country a few years ago from the Falaise area of France, following the sale of a collection. As can be seen in the pictures it has had a hell of an impact from something, there is damage all over from the muzzle to the barrel door, some thick steel has been split and peeled, gun is slightly bent. I would not have wanted to be the operator of this at the time it was hit, there are faint original markings on the side.
    It is very very solid and has some nice original features like the grips and the sling loop. The bolt is still in it but no spring or buffer. I have somewhere a buttstock and relic top cover but not sure exactly where they are, will be included if I find them, but for now sold as is in picture.
    This has a Proof house certificate of deactivation just to be safe, but it was very well deactivated in WW2.
    Second is my MG15 relic, I acquired this a while ago, but have another one now, it has been put together from two halves of relics, I was told these were Battle Of Britain relics but was never given the information. A dummy receiver is holding the two halves together. I dont think it comes apart, I haven't tried, the magazine is fixed to it and doesn't come off.
    All in all a really nice display item, some of the finish is still on the front, it has a barrell, but I dont think there is a breech, or receiver. It has been through the Proof House and bears the proof house mark, but really didn't need to, I don't have the certificate for this but a duplicate could be obtained.
    Asking £550 each for these great man cave decorations, sorry but not keen to ship outside of the UK, UK post won't carry weapons, plus they are heavy with sharp edges so could break out of packaging, will consider a deal for the pair. I will be attending the aerojumble at Brenzett in Kent on 27th September, and can bring them there for collection if paid for, or can try and work some other way.

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle Relic MG42 and MG15
    P
    Many