Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Berghof Art

Article about: More... by: Columbus Archer Description: Hello, This authentic piece was commissioned by Hitler to be built for Hess. This is a one of a kind piece you will not find anywhere else. Feel free

Default Hitler Berghof Art

More...

by: Columbus Archer

Description: Hello,
    This authentic piece was commissioned by Hitler to be built for Hess. This is a one of a kind piece you will not find anywhere else. Feel free to email me with questions and offers. I've tracked lineage of Mr. Runz through the US governement military archives and have validated Mr. Runz enlist and engagement in Germany during WW2. The below letter came directly from Mr. Runz daughter in 1974.
    Buy with confidence on this one of a kind piece.
    "The picture of the Berghof (Berchtesgarden) is 33” by 25” (inc. frame) and is made entirely (inlayed, also called intarsia) of the roots of various species of trees, in it said that more than 2,000 species were shipped in from all parts of the globe: the color of them is the original color of the wood, no paint or stain has been added.
    The Berghof was built in the 1930-th. Wenn the German occupied Sudeten Deutschland which after World War 1 became part of the newly created Czechoslavakia, he recruited labor battalions (called: Forced Labor) and transported these men to Germany. One group was settled in a camp high up in the mountains near Berchtesgaden, below the barracks of the S.S. Truppen( not visible on the picture). The task of the forced labor eas to build the 4 lane highway leading up the Berghof.
    One of the men in the group of forced labor was found to be an artist who’s former trade was to work on wood – inlayed pictures. This man was commissioned to make a picture of the scenery with the Berghof as the main subject. This picture was inteneded by Hitler to be presented to Hess, who’s headquarters was a Pullach, a small village near Munich. Hess meanwhile de-fected to England and Karl Bormann became Hitler’s second in command and he moved in to Pullach and the compound was then named the Bormann Settlement. It was a central Nachrichtendeisnt outfit, surrounded by live barbed wire and off limits to all unauthorized personell.
    After the unconditional surrender the Spitzkompanie the advance point of the U.S. Army entered Munich and an American Intelligence outfit occupied the former Borman Siedlung. Colonel Briggs and an Intelligence officer Frank H. Runz were the first to enter headquarters building. The picture of the Berghof was hanging in Bormann’s reception room, on a wall behind his desk. Colonel Briggs ordered it’s removal and Frank Runz took it into his custody until the American Property Control Office gave him possession of it.
    For the past 32 years it remained in his possession. After his death it reverted to me as his sole heir.
    Due to conditions beyond my control I am selling the picture of the Berghof to Mr. Axel Koerner.
    Maria L. Runz"
    Thank you,
    Andrew

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Berghof Art
    P
    Many