Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for dug up or rusty helmet

Article about: how about this one? http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german...-shell-105756/

Default Looking for dug up or rusty helmet

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a solid (in one piece) helmet, and I am not really concerned with how rusty it is. Anyone have anything they are willing to sell?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for dug up or rusty helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Looking for dug up or rusty helmet

Specifically a size 68.

Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you want it for? I ask only because I noticed that you want one that will fit you. In that case I would have some other suggestions for you.

Hey

I would like something that fits my head, but it would be mostly used as a display piece. I would prefer something not too expensive that could be restored. I have bit of experience in auto body repair and the like, and I think it would be fun a fun project to work on. What do you suggest?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you want it for? I ask only because I noticed that you want one that will fit you. In that case I would have some other suggestions for you.
    Would it be better to just buy a repro?

What's your budget?

What's your budget?
    I am trying to find something no more than 100 since that is the most I have to work with at the moment. If I get a relic shell, I suppose I can restore it now and just add a liner when I am able. But from what I have read, a relic size 68 is pretty rare unfortunately.

If you just want something to display and wear for fun, then I would suggest getting a reproduction. If you are lucky enough to get a 68 relic in good enough condition to wear, it probably won't have a liner, and you will have to shell out $75 for a new one anyway.

Some places sell original refurbished shells, but they usually run $250-$350. It is going to cost you more because, like me, you have a big head for the standards of that time.

If you just want something to display and wear for fun, then I would suggest getting a reproduction. If you are lucky enough to get a 68 relic in good enough condition to wear, it probably won't have a liner, and you will have to shell out $75 for a new one anyway.

Some places sell original refurbished shells, but they usually run $250-$350. It is going to cost you more because, like me, you have a big head for the standards of that time.
    How does this one look as far as accuracy? GERMAN WW2 WEHRMACHT M1935 HELMET | eBay

From those liner measurements, is there a way to figure out what size it is? lol If not I can send him a message. I would prefer to find something on eBay since I have a bunch of eBay bucks saved up that I can use on it.

Thanks for all your help!

Sure, it has the shape, but I am averse to buying reproduction shells. But yes, if you are happy with a fake shell, then that one will do fine.

If I were you, I would save for a good, original single decal helmet. Size 68 helmets aren't very common, but with a little searching you will easily be able to find one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast