Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original liner pin required heer m42 lid

Article about: Chaps, I need a liner pin to suit the condition of the attached lid. I have none left. Please give me a shout if you can help Cheers Andy

?

Default Original liner pin required heer m42 lid

Chaps,

I need a liner pin to suit the condition of the attached lid. I have none left.
    Please give me a shout if you can help
    Cheers

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original liner pin required heer m42 lid   Original liner pin required heer m42 lid  

Original liner pin required heer m42 lid  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original liner pin required heer m42 lid
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original liner pin required heer m42 lid

Sorry, mate, I have 3 that I pulled off my M42, but they are repro (restored shell) the look real, the were on the helmet for 7 years and look 60 years old, and are marked but alas repro

?

Cheers Mate, I don't even know if I will replace the pin but if I do, it will need to be original and will need to match the lid..
    Thanks
    Andy

?

No worries mate, I am like you and tend to leave things as they are, but I had a ex polish army post war painted M42 and stripped it and "rebirthed" it with a repro liner and pins. I have again stripped it and just thought it may have been a quick fix till you found an original!!! but I like your idea of leaving well enough alone. I stripped that shell when I first started collecting, so I was more of a projject peice. I now have 5 more helmets, even an M35 that has its vent hole welded up, and a repainted m42 shell, but I am not going to touch these lids as they have their own story to tell even though modified...

?

Matching the pin might prove difficult especially asking help from a photo that doesnt always give a true representation of the colour of the helmet, however the pin you show appears to be much darker than the lid so what is the colour you need as you might find that only you can guage the colour in person