Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feld Fu C

Article about: More... by: MottlakeSOT Description: Feld Fu C. 1941 dated, with the two green feeler shape dots on top, for indentifying a C type radio. Excellent shape, save for the removal of the outer g

Default Feld Fu C

More...

by: MottlakeSOT

Description: Feld Fu C. 1941 dated, with the two green feeler shape "dots" on top, for indentifying a C type radio. Excellent shape, save for the removal of the outer geldgrau paint sometime before I got it in 1978 at Ft Bragg in N.C. When I got it two things were amiss.The hinged cover for the battery/stowage compartment has a crack/break above the hinge. The pieces fit together great, and closes easily, but I do not know how to meld bakelite that is broken, though I am sure it can be repaired by someone in the know. Also, the ceramic ring on the antennae base has a chip, but other than that, the set is in super shape. It was obviously pqainted, for the battery compartment lid retains the original WWII paint job. I have never removed the mechanism until a few months back. There was a slight rattle, at times, which finally got the better of me, and I also wished to check the interior after reading of bad surprises from radio purchasers on various forums. The interior is like new, though I will not try testing it for I know not what to do and that is left in the hands of an expert radio afficianado. On extraction, I found two ball bearings and springs, which I determined had come from the tuning dial reverse. The bearings would set the dial in place, but it seems that of the posts on the dial, there are still 4 or 5 that are missing bearings. ....sometime after the war (unless it was fixed at an incompetent depot..) the case was opened...or something else happened (perhaps an incompetent repair job at a depot), since this was brought back by a Col in Army Intel.
    The dust/debris on the mechanism is from the inside, from deterioration of paint, flaking, etc..
    The radio has the wire antennae and base mount. The base mount was broken and repaired long ago, and I do not think it will carry a signal, though I see tons of functioning repros out there. The back support is complete, as are the top D-ring hooks. The rare piece that fills the void in that combat display
    Shipping will vary on location sent to, BUT, you will not get a radio wrapped in bubble wrap in a cardboard box! Anyone who has purchased items from my shrinking collection can attest to the care with which I pack the most mundane things. I have been reading up on the recomended methods for packing radio components, and you can rest assured that I will care fully ship something I have had for more than 34 years.
    PM me for pictures, inside and out. A money order gets a bonus on shipping conus.

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feld Fu C
    P
    Many