Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Luftwaffe Bf110C Control Stick Grip KG12E

Article about: More... by: Matt L Description: This is an original KG12E Steuerknüppel, desgined by Argus Motoren GmbH, Gerät-Nr. 102-56 E, Fl.-Nr. 47945, that was used exclusively in the Messers

Default Original Luftwaffe Bf110C Control Stick Grip KG12E

More...

by: Matt L

Description: This is an original KG12E Steuerknüppel, desgined by Argus Motoren GmbH, Gerät-Nr. 102-56 E, Fl.-Nr. 47945, that was used exclusively in the Messerschmitt Bf110 Zerstörer fighter.
    It's in excellent condition and only shows honest age. All the buttons and trigger/safety work, and its only flaw is that the cover for the electrical connectors is missing- although the screws that held it on are still present, as is the retainer clip near the bottom that secured the electrical cables.
    There are various indicators such as a wire still being present in one of the connectors, scratches from the bolts and washers that connected it to the lower stick, that suggest it was actually mounted in an aircraft.
    Wear on the face of the top MGFF cannon button, and on the recessed MG17 firing button in the front, caused by the flip trigger/safety, might even indicate it was involved in a fair bit of action since the third button, the transmitter, is nearly unworn.
    It's quality of manufacture, and presence of the data plate suggests it's an earlier piece- later in the war data plates were not mounted, it's said to prevent crashed aircraft from providing information that would cause the factories to be bombed.
    I checked the electrical wiring with a voltmeter some years ago and everything worked- presumably it still does, so this stick grip is ready to mount in your '110 ;)
    Less than a year ago a new old stock (i.e., never mounted in an airplane) KG13B type grip sold on ebaY for over $3500USD, and that type was used in a large number of aircraft, and was manufactured in the tens of thousands; this KG12E is far, far more rare and as I say is known to have been used specifically by just the Bf110. So I've put a price of $3000 on it, although I'd certainly be glad to entertain realistic offers. So feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss it.

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Luftwaffe Bf110C Control Stick Grip KG12E
    P
    Many