Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

2cm Flak 30 Antiaircraft guns found in Greece!

Article about: i hope thay didnt scrap them already

Default Re: 2cm Flak 30 Antiaircraft guns found in Greece!

these guns are fantastic and must not be scrapped- do all you can to save them for future generations to see and remember.it would be great to restore them to their former glory and could they could be displayed in a park near a european ww2 battle field site or sold to a militiary musuem
    i am sure there are collectors in the world who would love to buy them even in their present condition especially in the usa.you could email some of the larger militiary collectors in america to see if they are interested than tell council about it.just use google under militiary collectors and take it from there.

Many collectors have offered me money for these two babies! I don't know if i want to sell them or keep one for myself! The other one is for a friend of me who helped locate them so i have onle one for me! I think i will keep it for my future Museum! But i need ideas on how to restore them... Anything about removing rust and how to paint them on their former color... What colors did the Germans used to paint them? Any ideas???

First off you need to remove all the rust. This can be done very effectively by sand blasting. Once the rust is removed, get a coat of anti rust primer on them IMMEDIATELY and work on from there If everything is in working order, sounds like all you need then do is grease up the workings and paint them their final colour.

Mike:
    Could you post pictures of your Restoration as it progresses. I am sure when you are ready for paint someone here on the forum would help with this. ( color). When you get some of the rust off maybe some of the markings will be Visible. I am looking forward to seeing your discovery come back to life.
    Great Rescue of these Pieces of history. thanks for sharing.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5