Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.

Article about: Eddy, thanks for that, it would be most helpful, he/you will be able to correct any (probably a lot !) of mistakes I have made whilst compiling this thread....a good friend of mine gave me t

Default Re: A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.

Eddy, thanks for that, it would be most helpful, he/you will be able to correct any (probably a lot !) of mistakes I have made whilst compiling this thread....a good friend of mine gave me the above info, who spoke recently to A Colin Waterworth who I believe helped Bob to construct the A7V...and as I only live up the road from where it was made, I am fascinated by this replica !
    Prost ! Steve.

hi fella's

i was with bob and colin all day yesterday looking at 2 cromwells that i just bought, it was a long old day but a good one, sorry steve but i didn't get to talk much about the a7v but i did find out it wasn't built for a film as i had originally thought, it was built simply because bob thought it should be and you were right it was made from farm tractors when i find out more i'll let you know. if your interested in ww2 tanks you can come over and see my collection when it's all in one place in hyde later this month, there's a mk1* carrier a mk4 churchill a mk1 cromwell(centaur) and a mk6 cromwell(charioteer) just pm me and we'll arrange to meet up.

all the best

eddy

" if your interested in ww2 tanks you can come over and see my collection when it's all in one place in hyde later this month "
    Eddy, i've PM'd you.
    Thanks, Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    ... Thanks for posting photos of this well made replica.
    Any idea what 'SchnucK' means ..........?
    how did you call your darling ? ... "Schnucki" or "Schnuck" is one of the names we gave or girls

Cheers from Austria
    Roland

PS : ... tonight whisper "Schnucki" gently in her ear ...

?

Yeh "Schunk" seems to be a pet name.....we have nicknamed our unborn baby "Schnukiputs"

?

Quote by qotd View Post
    Yeh "Schunk" seems to be a pet name.....we have nicknamed our unborn baby "Schnukiputs"
    "Schnuck" ... "Schnucki" ... "Schnuckiputz" ... not a pets name - you call someone (a person !) who love ... in that way !

... not Schunk and not Schnukiputs ... oh diese Englander

?

LOL I didnt mean a pet name as in for a pet. A pet name also means a knickname for someone you love

?

hy. I need help . I m working at this tank . I need info about big wheels . pictures with them . how them are affixed of tank . thank adrian .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.   A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.  

A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.   A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.  

A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.   A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.  

?

I wouldnt mind that mock-up in the drive either. Thanks for sharing.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Lucky for me I used to live in Brisbane so I've been fortunate enough to have seen 'Mephisto' up close and personal!

I also lived in Dorset for 3 years back in my racing days so I was able to visit Bovington tank museum on several occasions to see the British Mark I, IV and V.

I was surprised to learn that the tank crews wore chain mail armour to protect them from metal splinters shooting throughout the tank interior due to the bullets striking the exterior. Added to the weight of the armour, the heat from the exposed engine around which they operated and the stress of combat as well as actually operating the vehicle and I really have to take my hat off to these brave pioneers of armoured warfare.
    Yes, from accounts that Ive read, it seems to have been a noisy, smelly, sweaty, potentially splinter-laden hell inside these contraptions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K.  

?

Hope its OK to post these links & info though not of the same vehicle, but I find the subject of WWI tanks interesting.

Links from a random model site and with some odd text/comments to pics here and there, but still with some interesting period pics.

Some WWI tank (and an armoured car) related links:

Renault FT17
    Renault-FT17 | Vehicles |

MK IV
    Mark-IV | Vehicles |

A7V
    A7V-Tank | Vehicles |

Schneider
    Schneider-Tank | Vehicles |

Whippet
    Whippet-Tank | Vehicles |

Ford
    Ford-M1918-WWI-Tank | Vehicles |

LKII
    LKII-Tank | Vehicles |

Lanchester Armoured Car
    Lanchester-Armored-Car | Vehicles |

No fun at all inside a WWI tank no matter which nationality.

Here a side gunner inside a French St. Chamond tank. Note the not exactly ergonomic working conditions.

St-Chamond-WWI-Tank | Vehicles |

"The gunner has to crouch down in an awkward position. His shin is inches from a sharp corner of the arch over the tracks. The heat and noise from the engine, located a foot or two away, must have been unbearable."
    Attached Images Attached Images A7V WW1 Panzer Replica in U.K. 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast