Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery observation tower/periscope

Article about: this german WW1 artillery periscope is located at the US Field Artillery Museum in Ft Sill OK. seems almost impossible to find anything about it or pictures in action. Can anybody help or ad

pionieri tridentina
    ?

Default Artillery observation tower/periscope

this german WW1 artillery periscope is located at the US Field Artillery Museum in Ft Sill OK. seems almost impossible to find anything about it or pictures in action. Can anybody help or address me to the right site please

thank you
    Gi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery observation tower/periscope   Artillery observation tower/periscope  

Artillery observation tower/periscope   Artillery observation tower/periscope  

Artillery observation tower/periscope  

?

Default Re: Artillery observation tower/periscope

pionieri tridentina
    ?

thank you so much for the pic, it's the first time I can see it in "combat"

Gordy
    ?

Very nice pictures. I didn't know that one of these existed at Ft Sill. I first ran across this piece of equipment 15 years ago at the Australian Imperial War Museum in Canberra. Here is a link to the Australian write-up on the device--a very nice discrition of how it is constructed and operates (RELAWM07905 - Giant periscope [Das Mastfernrohr] : German Army | Australian War Memorial). Here also are two pictures of the item "in action" (Two photos Mastfernrohr 1916 / large periscope).