Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battle of Balaton Panzers !

Article about: Images of destroyed Panzers from the Battle of Balaton ......Operation Frühlingserwachen ("Spring Awakening")............ Equipment of The Balaton Battle | English Russia Prost ! S

Default Battle of Balaton Panzers !

Images of destroyed Panzers from the Battle of Balaton ......Operation Frühlingserwachen ("Spring Awakening")............ Equipment of The Balaton Battle | English Russia
    Prost ! Steve.

Wow there's some battered Panthers there!...

Interesting array of Bergepanzers there, must of been tough towing another tank at snail's pace whilst being fired upon and only having an MG and possibly some fausts to protect yourself.

I've got a 1/16 scale RC Jagdpanther that I painted and added a couple of Verlinden figures to representing a 'Spring Awakening' vehicle from the SS Panzergrenadier Regiment Hohenstaufen somewhere around the place, i'll have to root it out and take some pic's (though I wouldn't be suprised if it's been busted up over the years) and put 'em up.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Super link!

Looks like the Soviets were keen to examine and record the effects of their fire on these vehicles, hence all the numbers painted on them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Could Panthers 74 and 75 have been 'scuttled'? They're both missing muzzle breaks.

?

ALL of those are claimed to have been lost in this battle? Hmmmm... I'd bet a lot of those 'destroyed' tanks were fired on after they were abandoned too LOL Not effect of fire but either propaganda or testing.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

That's what I was thinking, especially when one looks at some of the KT's.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My first wife was the daughter of a Hungarian refugiee, but I didn't stay long enaugh to go and see Lake Balaton .
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

We have only the Germans, not the Russians.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/