Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)

Article about: hi All, is this an original wartime BMW 1938 M72 motorbike wheel with original paint? if yes, how easy/hard to find an original rubber tire for it? THX in advance! Fabe

?

Default BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)

hi All,

is this an original wartime BMW 1938 M72 motorbike wheel with original paint?

if yes, how easy/hard to find an original rubber tire for it?

THX in advance!

Fabe

BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)BMW 1938 M72 wheel (?)

should be fairly easy.nice find.

?

Thanks, so you would say, the paint on it looks good WW2 original?

possible.

Here's a list of tyre sizes available for the Russian M72 Dnepr/Ural motorcycles that are based on the '38 Beemer. I would imagine that some of these will fit, then all you have to do is get one nearer to home.

Parts for wheels, tires and brakes for M72, R71, Chang Jiang etc. - Dnepr Ersatzteile und Ural Ersatzteile: Ural-Zentrale

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

There was no BMW called an M72, The M72 was a Russian copy of the BMW R71!...

?

Thanks everyone! I have no clue about German motor bikes - just saw this wheel (by itself, no other parts) and was thinking about biding (really only for decoration). I think I'll bid - maybe it's actually really is a German BMW...

(starting price is 8 EU - and I don't think that it will go above 15-20 EU)

Btw., this is why I love this hobby...now I'm going to research WW2 motorbikes for a few days

I'll update if I get it...

It may well be a soviet made M72 wheel, have you thought of that?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I did... I would be fine with that also. My "focus" of collecting just German / Hungarian WW2 field-gear sort of drifted to post war NVA/Hungarian/and some Soviet bits cold war items...WW2 German + Hungarian documents/photos I still collect, when I see someting interesting.
    This summer, I also got 5 hanomag sdkfz 251 wheels + a 251 link for deco purposes + a Stuka tail-wheel for the same reason...

If I win this, I'll look for markings...as of now, with my current lack of knowledge of BMW R71/M72, I can't tell the difference.