Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Captured British Sherman "Firefly" in German service

Article about: And here is that Panther Don't our chaps look happy Mind you, driving around in a Panther with all those Typhoons and Thuderbolts about must have been a tad dangerous. I'd have painted the b

Default Re: Captured British Sherman "Firefly" in German service

ive always wondered the same... i wonder what an intact one would be worth. it would be fun to set one up in the yard : )

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    speaking of deception, that would have been funny to set up one of these unguarded in a field, and then id love to see the face of the german gunner who blows it up literally to shreds
    Ah, but he wouldn't- the Pzgr. projectile would just pass through and not detonate (needs the powerful deceleration of punching through armor plate for that), so he'd just hole it and watch it deflate- probably the same strange look on his face in either case though LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

the encyclopedia of german armor has several pics of captured tanks including t34s with false shurzen etc the oversize balkan crosses were placed to try n keep at least your own side from not shooting at you ill try to find the book and take pics a if i can

?

Still, it must have taken some pretty steady nerves to be driving around the countryside in a "BeutePanzer," especially when during battle

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    the encyclopedia of german armor has several pics of captured tanks including t34s with false shurzen etc the oversize balkan crosses were placed to try n keep at least your own side from not shooting at you ill try to find the book and take pics a if i can
    Hi Panzerjaeger,

Check this site out, i've had it in my 'favourites' for nearly 3 years, it's outstanding!, especially for modelers.

Beutepanzer

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4