Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eagle from car or mortorbike?

Article about: No I guess you are right, I have tried earlier to google Adler, but I didn`t find just this. Regards Yab.

yab
    ?

Default Eagle from car or mortorbike?

Hi, can anyone help with this, this eagle is for sure stolen from a car or motorbike in my hometown under the war, the name of it should be Adler, but I can`t find any pics, where I can see a similar one.
    Regards Yab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle from car or mortorbike?   Eagle from car or mortorbike?  

Default Re: Eagle from car or mortorbike?

Hello and welcome.
    But your item is not military related.
    I would sujest you seek for hood ornaments, all do it doesn't seem a Adler mascot to me.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

im with kris certainly doesn't look military i would say probably not a car ornament looks very small for one

yab
    ?

Thanks, I was told it was called an Adler car or bike, I don`t know if it was a military car or bike, but it was for sure used by German military troops here on the little island where I live, that was also the reason, that is was stolen
    Regards Yab.

this is a adler bike but you will notice the eagle is different

?

The German occupiers used many different vehicles that were originally manufactured within the occupied countries. For example, the 'Tatra' car was very popular with SS officers stationed in Czechoslovakia, during the years of the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.

I suggest that you research vehicles that were produced, or imported, to Denmark just prior, and during the war years. You may find the answer lies therein, as to be honest, I don't believe that this item shown above was a Third Reich symbol in any way whatsoever. It simply doesn't match any known pattern that I have seen at least. However, maybe it is possible that it was used on a vehicle that the occupying forces commandeered. Either way, good luck with your search yab.

Regards,

Carl

heres a close up:

yab
    ?

Hi, yes it looks different, hope someone have seen an eagle like this before.
    Regards Yab.

yab
    ?

Thanks, yes I do`t know if it was a German car or bike, just that it was used by them.
    Regards Yab.

If you Google Adler cars you'll see that they made many cars before and during the war. I don't know if the eagle is a standard Adler mascot or an after market version. Although it is not military related I do not see any reason why this can't have been stolen from an Adler during the war, either brought over by the Germans or comandeered by them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast