Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German horse carriage FH-2 project/pieces

Article about: Hello! Came across with some German horse carriage pieces... I do not need them to myself, so they are up for sale if anyone is interested in building one. OR for exchange (I would prefer th

?

Default German horse carriage FH-2 project/pieces

Hello!

Came across with some German horse carriage pieces...
    I do not need them to myself, so they are up for sale if anyone is interested in building one. OR for exchange (I would prefer the last option).
    German horse carriage FH-2 project/pieces

For more pictures, please click HERE

I am interested in bmwr12 pieces and gnome rhone 22 pieces aswell.
    but in overall, You can offer me anything from ww2 era. I might be interested.

You can write to me via email Habu00@hotmail.com or via private message.

Shipping the items won't be a problem- they don't weigh that much so it shouldn't be expensive.

Location of the fh2 parts- Estonia.

Take care,
    K

Greetings, friend..!
    Strictly out of curiosity, how can you tell that this hardware is Military and not Agricultural/Civilian? Are there tell-tale markings? Thanks!
    Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Greetings, friend..!
    Strictly out of curiosity, how can you tell that this hardware is Military and not Agricultural/Civilian? Are there tell-tale markings? Thanks!
    Glenn
    Hey Glenn!

thank You for the question!

My only explanation is, that those carriage details came from the exact area, where the German military (during ww2, 1944) was transporting their supplies. They were ambushed by the Russians, so all the equiptment and carriages/wagons were left behind and blown up/destroyed (so the Russians couldn't use them either), while retreating.
    To be said, I cannot be sure, that ALL of these pieces are 100% FH2 pieces, because they used all kind of different carriages and they could've been mixed up a bit during the "destroying" time.. But most of them for sure.
    There are no markings on them, as far as I have looked and seen.
    I can also put up some comparison pictures, where there is a picture of my detail and an another picture of a restaured FH2 carriage detail. They would be a match.

If any more out-of-curiosity-questions (or any other kind of questions), please, do ask! I will try to answer them as good as I can.

Take care,
    K
    Last edited by Habu; 08-24-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Do they come with a set of instructions?

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Do they come with a set of instructions?
    Haha, no
    this is one hardcore puzzle without instructions...
    The easiest way to put it together is when You have a friend who has already built one/similar of these. And also it helps, when you search pictures from the allmighty internet

I have done my research a while ago, so I have some idea, which part goes where. But there are still details that I can't identify where they go. And I also do not know anyone in the Baltic area, who has put one together... So I can't ask any advice or wooden detail measurements, etc.

Take care,
    K