Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German u-boot U3503

Article about: Hello just bought this p-METER which is said to come from the German submarine u 3503 That did sink in Sweden On 6 May, 1945 at 07.50hrs, U-3503 entered Swedish waters west of Gothenburg. Th

?

Default German u-boot U3503

Hello

just bought this p-METER which is said to come from the German submarine u 3503
    That did sink in Sweden

On 6 May, 1945 at 07.50hrs, U-3503 entered Swedish waters west of Gothenburg. The commander, Oberleutnant zur see Hugo Deiring, reported a defective exhaust valve and rudder engine, and that some crew members had become poisoned by the fumes. On 7 May the Swedish authorities ordered Deiring to transfer the U-boat shallower water north of the inlet to Gothenburg harbor.
    On 8 May at 17.22hrs, Deiring reported that his ship was sinking. The ballast tank flood valves had been opened! Attempts made by the Swedish Navy to tow the U-boat were not well-received by the German crew, who threw the tow cable overboard. At 19.50hrs, the entire crew abandoned the U-boat and was picked up by the Swedish Navy. At 19.55, the U-3503 sank at a depth of 15 meters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German u-boot U3503   German u-boot U3503  

Attached Images Attached Images German u-boot U3503 

That meter is in quite remarkable condition, considering it is supposed to have come off a submarine sitting 15 meters down on the sea bed. When exactly was it supposed to have been recovered?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    That meter is in quite remarkable condition, considering it is supposed to have come off a submarine sitting 15 meters down on the sea bed. When exactly was it supposed to have been recovered?
    Linky:

The Galleries - uboat.net
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The Swedish army did raised is in May 1946

Quote by big ned View Post
    What a moron I am! I was using this link just recently for some research into the WW1 U Boat commander responsible for sinking the HMHS Llandovery Castle!

Never mind, Harry...we can't all have Ned's intellect

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Never mind, Harry...we can't all have Ned's intellect
    Not intellect old boy, just the nous and wherewithal to do a Google search, it all adds to the wellspring when at least one tries.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.