Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code

Article about: Hi all Just a little something I picked up today in my favorite local Vintage Shop... It is a late war (after November 1944) binocular periscope. Karl Zeiss code "rln" serial No 40

Default Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code

Hi all
    Just a little something I picked up today in my favorite local Vintage Shop...

It is a late war (after November 1944) binocular periscope.
    Carl Zeiss code "rln" serial No 402848
    Optics are graduated in the horizontal to "40"meters???? either side and are clear with no fungus...the mirrors have minor defects....minute black spots in the image...and one of the mirrors is out of alignment..giving ghost imageing.
    It has most of its original paint...with a later period (same paint) repaint...
    It seems to be missing the front lens flap...and something else just above the eyepiece block...(any ideas??) there is a stress fracture running from the rotating eyepiece to the fixing screw..
    apart from that it all seems to work perfectly!!..

Ok so... I have a few Questions...

Is it possible to have the mirrors reset to give a true image?? or is it best to leave well enough alone!!!???

What Type of Vehicles would this have been issued to?? 251 Halftrack?? Stug??? Panther??? King Tiger?????

Any idea what sort of Price "ball park" these go for?? as I cant find out much information on previous sales...as there doesn't seem to be many sold on the open market recently!!

Many thanks!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code   Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code  

Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code   Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code  

Hi all!!
    just took a few more photos with a better camera..and through the lenses!!...
    just wish I'd had that camera to hand the other day!!...a Spitfire flew over!!.... and I rushed indoors to fetch the German optic!!! and viewed it through the WW II periscope!!! how cool was that!!!!
    mind you..... as I found out today...and those of you that have ever tried to get a good picture through a pair binoculars with a camera will know!!... this isn't an easy task!! even when looking at a stationary object!!! HAHA!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code   Handwinkelfernrohr 03 Karl zeiss code  

Could I be very rude and ask how much you got it for? Seen them sell for £500 plus before now.

Hi Black cat....it was going for the proverbial song...as they say!! so I took a leap of faith... PM sent...
    Its currently listed on EBay U.K. starting bid of £270 ending on Sunday 12th November..
    would be nice if it reached that much!!!