Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!

Article about: Hi guys I am trying to get hold of some pictures of the wicker transport chest that carried 3 x 88mm shells, (or similar). Have trawled the net and pretty much drawn a blank, apart from the

Default I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!

Hi guys

I am trying to get hold of some pictures of the wicker transport chest that carried 3 x 88mm shells, (or similar). Have trawled the net and pretty much drawn a blank, apart from the odd low res picture. Anyone got a pic they could share? Looking for internal and external shots please

Cheers

Steve T

Default Re: I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!

Steve, Not a chest but Damien ( Jersey 34 ) sent me these photos when I was inquiring about a dated alloy seal I had - he had this in storage & I think it was for an 88?
    Maybe a PM to him may confirm it?
    Cheers, Dan

Just re-read your post ...... sorry this is obviously a single .....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!   I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!  

I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Are you talking about the wicker ones?

Yes.That's why the word 'wicker' is in the title and body of text........

Not brilliant 'gen i'm afraid, but halfway down the page is a picture of a shell carrier specifically for the 88mm and not of the many other types. The description does add something as to it's construction though.

3. Ammunition | TM E9-369A: German 88-mm Antiaircraft Gun Materiel - Technical Manual, U.S. War Department, June 29, 1943 (Lone Sentry)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks BN. That was one of the low res pics I had found. Good info but doesn't show what I want it to, namely the three fuze protection 'cages'.

Steve, I believe that Seb's thread on digging in the Stalingrad area showed some of these in one of his most recent posts. They are circular pressed steel hoops separated by a couple of metal ribs.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Just found this to show what i'm on about. Don't think it's 88mm though, maybe from a Pak 40 or some type of field gun like a 7.5cm, but it shows the cages. Note how the holes are 2 different sizes to hold the tapered round securely in the carrier.

I couldn't find the pics in Seb's thread so it may be the other chap who digs over there called 'Inf Div 21' or something similar??

Original WWII German Wicker Case for Artillery Shells: Bunker Militaria

Ned.

?

This pic is for an 88,don`t know if it helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Here`s another picture..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need pictures of an 88mm wicker transport case!  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast