Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

infantrie karren help

Article about: Hi,newbee here,i have an ex swiss army ammo cart dated 1943,does anyone know anything about them or where i may get an betriebsanleitung [instructions],they are very similar to the if8 type

Default infantrie karren help

Hi,newbee here,i have an ex swiss army ammo cart dated 1943,does anyone know anything about them or where i may get an betriebsanleitung [instructions],they are very similar to the if8 type trailer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infantrie karren help   infantrie karren help  

Default Re: infantrie karren help

anyone with a comment ?
    even a isnt that nice ?

Isn't that nice. Sorry cannot help you.
    Tom

aaah,i feel wanted again,thank you.

I have some Merkblatt items with field phone gear in carts - not exactly like the Swiss one depicted. However, I do have one photo with a cart matching this one with cover. It was taken of a GJ unit in the Balkans.

can you post a picture neil ?

Here is the photo of the GJ wagon. It looks very much like the Swiss one with a bonnet. We believe it was used to transport communications equipment. Neil
    Attached Images Attached Images infantrie karren help 

thanks neil,nice pic,heres a couple more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture infantrie karren help  
    Attached Images Attached Images infantrie karren help 

Seems to be a poorly documented area. But these wagons and trailers must have been very common in all armies. I have nothing on Swiss items - just a few communication wagons for the Wehrmacht. BTW, my history group Hoch 4. uses the Swiss wagon for transporting items at events.

thanks neil,ive even emailed and written to the two museums in switzerland,i got no reply. They were made also in the first world war and it would be interesting to see if the germans copied it for their IF8.
    Colin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast