Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Infantry Trailer (if8) - First Model

Article about: As mentioned in the 3 ton half track thread I have this trailer to restore. Attachment 1310976 I have made a start on the wheels. The first wheel is now in red primer and the second is about

It will look fantastic when finished.

In the last week I have managed to finish painting the frame, fitted the rear tow hook, stripped and painted the hand tow bar and today fitted the wheels.

All that is left to do is finish painting the tub, fit the tub and strip down the paint the curved tow bar.

The end is in sight.

Infantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First Model

Where do you stick the pound coin to release it from the others?

...in fact strike that one...as I suspect I know where the pound coin can go! :-)

Almost done!

Superb..

It is now on the ground making room for the tub on the work table. I had forgotten how big they are, with the wheels on quite wide.

Over the last week I have painted the outside of the tub, not a very good job as I painted it with a brush. Today I dropped it in to the frame and started fixing on the securing brackets, pictures taken before work started on brackets.

With any luck should have it finished in a couple of weeks.

Infantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First Model

Now all you have to do is get the half track built!

Superb restoration..

There is good news and bad news.

The good news is the trailer is now complete and looking very nice. I am very happy with the end result considering what I started out with.

Now for the bad news, I will now have to bore you all with another restoration project.

Hope you like it as much as I do.

Infantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First Model

You have a good eye for detail and workmanship, for a very worthy result. Well Done.

Cheers Mike

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast