Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kingtiger under the road

Article about: Great! thank's ostlanddigger for posting these new pic's of the turret,it look's beat up but it's a kingtiger you 'r mate has a real cool garden ornament. there much better than the previous

sturmhunter
    ?

Default Kingtiger under the road

i found this site about a kingtiger they have found in Mantes-La-Jolie, France ,that is under the road .They wanna dig it up and make it into a memorial but it's gona cost too much to dig up the road.They got the turret up but thats all and that was 7 years ago.
    Page sans titre
    theres abit of history about it and photos of it in the hole ,i've not seen eny other kingtigers recovered so i thought i'd post as this as it's the close i have found to a sturmtiger ;D
    Attached Images Attached Images Kingtiger under the road 

Default Re: Kingtiger under the road

Man who found it is my family friend.just recently we have been siting in my house and talking about that pz. some big parts(not identfied) from that tank is still under the road.the problem is -officials wants too much money to let destroy the road.i,ve been there:-small country side road about 4 m width with forest from both sides.at this moment just part from turret is recovered.that was possible with no doing eny damage to the road.so thats the story.

sturmhunter
    ?

thanks ostlanddigger for the up-date about whats going on at the moment about it,it has to be a real rare find,do the council know how rare a kingtiger like this is?I suppose it is smashed into little bits with live ammo mixed in too and they got better things to spend the money on.I think your friend should contact some program like Timeteam or some university archeology groups and see if they are intrested in helping as it would be great to watch and a real gem of modern archeology.I suppose that that's abit of a pipe deam but still

?

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    Man who found it is my family friend.just recently we have been siting in my house and talking about that pz. some big parts(not identfied) from that tank is still under the road.the problem is -officials wants too much money to let destroy the road.i,ve been there:-small country side road about 4 m width with forest from both sides.at this moment just part from turret is recovered.that was possible with no doing eny damage to the road.so thats the story.
    Bruno ? He is the guy who seats inside the tank hatch. Say him hi from me.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

What an excellent opportunity to have a University sponsor the dig & possible restoration with students.

sturmhunter
    ?

I was just wondering if ostlanddigger or enyone had eny more recent photographs of the turret as there are only that side shot of your friend sitting in it.I 'm not great at reading french,but from what i understood it seemed it was in 2 or more bit's and no barrel and i though he must have some more showing the damaged part's he has recovered.that's if he doesn't mind them being posted
    Thank's

ricardo1
    ?

are you saying that the rest of the hull wheels etc is still under there????

Maybe national geographic or history channel could sponser & do a series?

just today return from my friends in France,pieces from Tiger is still at my friends farm.had little funny at it.wish to have it in my garden,but to big an to heavytook some cemmerit piece for souvenier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kingtiger under the road   Kingtiger under the road  

Kingtiger under the road   Kingtiger under the road  

?

WoW, great photos and not having a pop at your friend but could he possibly cover this historical artifact with something more than sheets of galvanised metal? Thks for sharing...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast