Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Littlefield Tank Collection

Article about: I recently made a trip out to the Littlefield Tank Collection in Portola Valley, CA. Military Vehicle Technology Foundation If you've never had the chance to see, it's a rare treat and in da

Default Littlefield Tank Collection

I recently made a trip out to the Littlefield Tank Collection in Portola Valley, CA.

Military Vehicle Technology Foundation

If you've never had the chance to see, it's a rare treat and in danger of being broken up in the near future.

Some of the pictures I took are loaded onto this picasa link with a couple of teasers below. I have additional pictures (interiors, etc) of some of the vehicles that I'd be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Picasa Web Albums - Clint - Littlefield T...
    Attached Images Attached Images Littlefield Tank Collection  Littlefield Tank Collection 

?

Default Re: Littlefield Tank Collection

Quote by stonecw View Post
    I recently made a trip out to the Littlefield Tank Collection in Portola Valley, CA.

Military Vehicle Technology Foundation

If you've never had the chance to see, it's a rare treat and in danger of being broken up in the near future.

Some of the pictures I took are loaded onto this picasa link with a couple of teasers below. I have additional pictures (interiors, etc) of some of the vehicles that I'd be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Picasa Web Albums - Clint - Littlefield T...
    I take it that after Jacques death they are considering selling some of his amazing collection ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The future of the collection is up in the air. When Jacques died, he hadn't set anything up to maintain the collection which he had been funding out of his own pocket. His heirs and family reportedly have no interest in maintaining the collection and the little bit it brings in from tours isn't anywhere near enough to keep it going. So right now, nobody knows what will happen to it, but it's likely that it will eventually be broken up and sold off.

That is sad. After his death i wondered what would become of his collection. I still have never been on a tour and it is only within an hour of my home.

stonecw, was your tour group large? I understand that they will only let large groups in for showing.

rgds, Ty

Our group had 10-15 people. They do two showings on Saturdays - you can e-mail them from the webpage on the first link and make a reservation. There are more details on the webpage. I think they ask for a $20 donation per person - but for an enthusiast, it's more than worth it. I'm about half an hour away as well, and plan on going again as soon as I can find a spare Saturday.

wow , what an amazing collection , it would be a shame to see that broken up

?

Anyway they never gone to the scrap...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Trouble is how many collectors have the sort of money that restored Stugs , Panzer IV s and Panthers are going to sell for !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

hi stonecw
    please post the interior pics.I'll never understand why nearly all publications ommit the interior detail it's just as important as the outside, although not as sexy,anything you could show us would be appreciated.many thanks eddy